• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Faulty cable

DCFC79

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
uk
Ive noticed when my desire is plugged into the computer and use as a disk drive option the option on the computer to access the desire keep on disappearing from "my computer", could this be down to the cable being damaged as i accidently dropped the phone with the cable plugged into the phone and the phone landed on the bottom eg as it landed it bent the cable, plus when the cable is plugged in its a little loose but is this normal

if i understand this correctly the answers are:

yes, it could be that the cable is split from the drop

no, it should not be 'loose', although there is always a small amount of movement from side to side

try it with another cable to see if this rectifies the issue, if not you may have damaged the phone's micro usb connection.

Reactions: DCFC79
Upvote 0
if i understand this correctly the answers are:

yes, it could be that the cable is split from the drop

if i look at the phone side on with the cable plugged in the cable drops down a bit rather than being in a straight line

no, it should not be 'loose', although there is always a small amount of movement from side to side

this movement from side to side is what had me worried but maybe as you say its the norm

try it with another cable to see if this rectifies the issue, if not you may have damaged the phone's micro usb connection.

ive got another cable its way so ill try it with that, the phone will charge ok using the mains adapter

thanks,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones