• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Faulty Hardware?

tonytouch311

Aug 11, 2011
Up until last friday, my prevail has had great signal. I've only had it for about two weeks. Than the following sunday, I went to my friends house (i was there friday too) and had no service at all in his house. Now i noticed even in my own house the signal is barely there. A friend of mine has a prevail and comparing it today (outside btw), i noticed when he had four bars i only had two/one. My phone was rooted right off the bat and today i unrooted to see if that were the problem. It isn't. What could it be?

Since you reverted it before calling them, I doubt the issue's to do with your phone. More likely Boost is having some computer hiccups, IMO. Lots of things could mess with your signal to some degree, too-changing weather, sunspots, etc. etc. Though this I daresay is more than that stuff could account for. :p
Clear your caches, try the PRL again, and Odin back to stock if this wasn't how you unrooted. After confirming the signal issue is still going on but the phone is functioning otherwise (no force closes etc), do a factory reset. Again, only do this AFTER you confirm your stock ROM is working and at least bootable. Then do one last PRL update after rebooting.
If, after these things, your signal is still persistently low, I would suggest having it looked at, as more than likely it's become a hardware issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones