• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

I have a new favorite app, it's called Switchme, it requires you to have root access, but it's awesome. It allows you to have multiple profiles on your phone, it is almost like having 2 or 3 separate phones in one. So if you have a wife and kids that like to play with your toys, this app is perfect.

I used to have a profile changer app a lot on one of my previous winmo phones. I liked the scheduler that switched my presaved profiles for me. Several times before I installed the app, I forgot to change my device to "business mode". I may download your recommended app today!

Upvote 0
I've been using Solid Explorer for a while, but just tried X-plore and liking it more. Better access to buttons, bookmarks, and cloud. Also faster, much smaller size.

I've been using eStrong's File Explorer since my T.E.D. was a newborn android! You turned me on to Solid Explorer!!! They've just uploaded some updates today! I really love this app! I normally go for the app with more simplicity than "overkill", but I find myself using most of this app's features!!!

Thanks T-CAT!!!

Upvote 0
I used to have a profile changer app a lot on one of my previous winmo phones. I liked the scheduler that switched my presaved profiles for me. Several times before I installed the app, I forgot to change my device to "business mode". I may download your recommended app today!

Is this better than Timeriffic? Thx:D

Upvote 0
Torque... pure awesomeness. Its a vehicle scanner that when paired with a quality/cheap obdII adapter, can gather most codes and readings that the mechanic certified scanners obtain.

It finds out what fault codes are on your car, tells you what they are, and even clears them. Horsepower, 0-60, 60-80, 60-0, vehicle roll, oil temp, rmp, sensor status, knock detector, distance to empty (gas), air test, catalyst tests.. MAN. I a ton more. Its well worth the few bucks.

It found, my check engine light error code in 1 minute, and even cleared it so it wouldnt be on my dashboard anymore. So now Im getting the right stuff to fix my car while not being annoyed by the warning light.

Upvote 0
Is this better than Timeriffic? Thx:D

TIMERIFFIC (suggested by LowRider)
Click HERE: To Get A Free Copy For YOUR Android!

This thing is NICE!!! The user interfacing is A+ I mean its is swank!
I've set up a few schedules for mon-fri and then a sat-sun. IT works!!! This one will save me from having to "remember" to manually change each and every setting on my phone to mute, or other options whle at work!

Next, it RESET my options automatically at 5pm . I didnt have to sit in teh car before driving home and changing all of the individual settings!

TRY IT!

Click that Thank You button in LowRider's Post above!!!!

gb_7zsgnbLPqt7zz51mYmiXiBte3msVsto7U1zrW7hSMnn2UPOPqkFdkCZlAKdPy6A=h230
IKxsTyVwCyvlL96nbjmO4i0QnleK5J1i1pwARm_TyKak_KCFyUm5aF0C8isGvc2MxSI=h230
4bCKV26jcCMACkbipsEHZC0lCRSYcAYbVmO7JxlDHUylj2Fin_Dl2QNmLHaOV-pbI70=h230
r_sL4DTXgLUp8elkZvmA8wzZkqZQjGBjZiA5S1Rfm4xHIYyYsLdzv53YYBGdKJYl_NVt=h230
7O70bNt21zIBCQa9gNO0-mvJqgCCIeOKucQTy5VcZgmpU8G_XRsoFu2t0gaA1k-S6g=h230

Reactions: Lowrider1
Upvote 0
A must have for me which has replaced my "passive" car gps is Waze which makes gps in your car interactive & social.

It's a cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers.Waze is a fun, community-based traffic & navigation app, 30 million strong. Join forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time & gas money, and improve everyone's daily commute.
With community-generated real-time traffic, you'll always get the best route to your destination. By simply driving around with Waze open, you're already contributing tons real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts coming up on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared gas prices.

Upvote 0
ref: Camera Zoom fx

where do you look for these .25 cent sales?!

thanks in advance

A while back the Play Store had a sale on a few normally paid apps for .25 cents. Camera Zoom just happened to be one of them.

How do I make Power Amp play through the car stero? That would be SOOO sweet. I don't have a fancy car with bluetooth radio or anything, FM only.

Is it a factory radio or aftermarket unit? You need to have some sort of aux in(3.5mm headphone jack) adapter. From there you can connect it to your phones headphone jack.

Upvote 0
A must have for me which has replaced my "passive" car gps is Waze which makes gps in your car interactive & social.

It's a cool social GPS driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers.Waze is a fun, community-based traffic & navigation app, 30 million strong. Join forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time & gas money, and improve everyone's daily commute.
With community-generated real-time traffic, you'll always get the best route to your destination. By simply driving around with Waze open, you're already contributing tons real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts coming up on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared gas prices.

Waze is cool but it's given me bad directions three times. I still use it for traffic info but I use Google navigation for directions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones