• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

I can't pick one fave but can get it down to three:

Smart Keyboard - because apart from being accurate and responsive, you can hide the (superfluous IMO) voice and full stop buttons to give you a longer spacebar. As a direct result of this app I no.longer.type.everything.like.this or get the voice pop up half way though a text :)

Gentle Alarm - so many options I never even knew I needed! The pre-alarm really works, the slowly increasing sound is lovely to wake to, and the captcha puzzle ensures I really am awake when I stop hitting the decreasing snoozes. Also 100% reliable over last 6 months.

Shazam - No more frustration of hearing a snippet of great music and trawling the net for a half heard lyric. And it really works! I have discovered new bands though it upon hearing a random track on a tv show or in a shop. As an alternative music lover this is especially useful because these tracks don't come on the radio all the time. Love it!

Upvote 0
Wow, that sounds like something i could use!!

It's a paid app but very inexpensive, and there's a free trial version that you can use for as long as you like, it just doesn't work on Wednesdays. It can take a few days to get the settings perfect for you because there are so many timing and volume options, but it gives you lots of tips through the set up process, and it's well worth the effort. I can't imagine using anything else now! :D

Upvote 0
gotoscreen.jpg

GOTO is the ultimate lock screen and it's fast. Quickly unlock or jump to your text messages, missed calls, and Gmail with a simple slide gesture.
Top 5 Features:
- Elegant interface
- Notification previews
- 3 app shortcuts
- Location based weather
- Supports built-in pattern unlock security

Old post I know but I would like to share my thoughts. I love the app...when it works. Sometimes the original lock screen will show up, or if you mess up on the pattern lock it will revert to the original lock screen instead of reverting to goto screen. I wasn't going to buy it, until I noticed they had it on sale. I can live with the problems, just hope they get fixed.

Upvote 0
Old post I know but I would like to share my thoughts. I love the app...when it works. Sometimes the original lock screen will show up, or if you mess up on the pattern lock it will revert to the original lock screen instead of reverting to goto screen. I wasn't going to buy it, until I noticed they had it on sale. I can live with the problems, just hope they get fixed.

interesting app - might check that out

but have you tried widget locker? very stable

Upvote 0
- Swype - keyboard replacement.
- Audiogalaxy - for streaming music from my home PC.
- Widgetsoid - for creating my own personal power/controller widget.
- Craigslist Notification - for queuing craigslist items to keep a look out for.
- SMS Popup - adds a popup window for incoming SMS, also adds a reminder for missed SMS.
- Animated Widget Contact Launch - nice widget for contacts.
- Folder Organiser lite - for creating my own icons for apps/folder, and replacing app text.
- AudioGuro - adds time based volume control. Great user interface unlike Timerific.
- mClock - nice minimalistic clock/date widget. I use it for the date and day of the week. If you press it it will take you to any predetermined app. I use my calendar.
- Text widget - nice minimalistic text widget. I use it to create page headers.
- Tabular - guitar tabs

Upvote 0
Gentle Alarm - so many options I never even knew I needed! The pre-alarm really works, the slowly increasing sound is lovely to wake to, and the captcha puzzle ensures I really am awake when I stop hitting the decreasing snoozes. Also 100% reliable over last 6 months.

I love Gentle Alarm. Really saved my ass this morning, actually. I was trying to get up on 3 hours of sleep for work, and instead of waking up to that loud buzzing, woke up to the quiet sound of the phone. Also, couldn't do the dismiss pass code for the life of me until I was completely awake, so i never went back to sleep. Lol

Upvote 0
Locale - this app is very cool. I have a profile for work, home, my parent's house and a default setting for when none of those are active. Oh and I have one for night time. I get to work and it turns the volume down a bit, changes my 'desktop' image, turns of the wi-fi (so the security guys don't bug out), and it changes my ringtone and volume. At home the Wifi goes on, pictures changes, volume goes up etc. At night I have it turn of all network stuff besides the phone istelf and mutes the sound. It's great. Love it!

Sounds great. What if you work at home like I do? LOL.

Upvote 0
doing what it said in increasing my battery life ... i already have the extended batt in my DINC so the program took the extend batt as it increasing the life i turned it off and saw no difference in batt performance what so ever

Ah ok. Well I'm guessing the app must work on the basis of a fully charged standard battery - maybe try contacting the developer and suggesting a "battery type" setting to accommodate your situation?

They're currently pushing out beta updates every couple of days at the moment!

Upvote 0
Ah ok. Well I'm guessing the app must work on the basis of a fully charged standard battery - maybe try contacting the developer and suggesting a "battery type" setting to accommodate your situation?

They're currently pushing out beta updates every couple of days at the moment!

yeah i already did that but i still have not herd anything back from them yet

Upvote 0
I LOVE Aquarium Donation Live wall paper. It really is beautiful! I had a little learning curve with the settings but finally got it right. Also, it doesn't drain the battery nearly as much as I expected it to.

The other app I am enjoying a bunch is: Smart Keyboard

The ability to talk your text messages is amazing and I can't believe how well it picks up what I am saying. I love it!

Power Amp is another really good one that helped to amplify the sound on my somewhat lacking Huawei Ascend.

These are my favs so far, not to mention Zedge, Music Box etc. (Oh I guess I did mention them! LOL)

;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones