• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Apps Organizer - Organise apps, make folder, change folders and apps icons...
Gmote- Control your keybord or mouse , or control media players like vlc
WiFi File Explorer- Move from computer to device without cable... very easy to use
Astro FIle Manager- best file manager
Gps Test- Show satelit info/streangth and speed
MapDroyd- 100% offline maps
Android Status
Inetowrk test- test wirless speed
Gesture Search - Search with gesture
Beautifull home widget - best time/weahter widget with xxxx skins
Swicher pro
Meridian - video player . PLays Mkv, can load subtile, have great gesture for control
Just Picture- Best picture album aplication
-Mvideolpayer is even bettter then emridian

Games :
Angry Birds
Thorttle Copter
Alchemy
Grafe defense
Robo Defense
UniWar
X Construct
Abduction
Papper toss
Akinator

BUT BEFORE ALL - LUCHER PRO PLUS

Upvote 0
Brighteriffic : 1x1 Widget toggles between two user-configurable brightness levels
like 25% / 75% ; a one-click hi/lo brightness widget.. Good companion to Screen Filter app.

Brighteriffic - Android app on AppBrain

Ceuii4w1ucBjW-ovY7Rku0q8QYJcXZIhgjfSJLvTNx8nqHmyhSeNOpghp6TNR1tJqs3p83RWwNVvODB1jg=s48

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have only had my Droid X for a few weeks so still have a lot more apps to explore. So far though, the non-game apps that I use most often are Audible and DC Metro Transit Info.

Audible allows one to access and listen the audio books purchased from one's Audible account. It has good rewind and fast forward controls. The only thing I don't like is that the elapsed playing time and time to the end is for the entire book, rather than the chapter. It would be nice to know how far one is in the current chapter. Also, you can't go online and purchase books with this app.

The DC Metro app is of course only useful if you use the Metro transit system in DC. It tells you when the next train is coming, and is generally as accurate, if not more accurate, than the station signs, which one can't always see from all parts of the platform.

My favorite built-in app is Swype. I think it's quite amazing. I don't know how it can tell what I am trying to type!

Update on Audible - you can now go and purchase/download books directly using your Audible account.

Upvote 0
I can't BELIEVE how awesome and easy it was to set up EasyTether for my Mac... and FREE (though I may buy the 9.99 version when my trial w/ secure sites ends)

Beautiful Widgets is awesome even if just for the clock/weather image!

Lightening Bug makes the most awesome customizable bedside alarm clocks w/ soothing sounds and so customizable... so much fun!

Oh and not an app but my Verizon snap on case w/ kickstand... love love love

Upvote 0
I'm new to the Android scene so I'm learning as I go. But, here are my top picks for must have apps. Some are free, others aren't. I'll make note which are.

1) ADWLauncher EX - a home screen launcher like LauncherPro. I compred both and actually liked this one better so I paid for the full version.

2) DolphinHD Browser - fastest web browser with a lot of addons and a neat clutter free display for bookmarks.

3) Hancent SMS - Free text message viewer (bubbles style).

4) WoW Remote Auction House - I'm a World of Warcraft nerd so to be able to access the in game auction house on my phone is pretty sweet. It's 2.99 a month to be able to do this but if you play a lot it's worth it.

5) Beautiful Widgets - nice widgets for the home screen. Doesn't cost too much either.

6) Reddit is fun - a nice app that lets you browse the website reddit.com from your phone.

7) Pulse news reader - nice looking news reader

Upvote 0
Sadly...companies still use fax. Most annoying thing is getting fax spam -_-; They send you crap using your own ink and papers :mad:

Yeah, I remember. I actually quit a company once because I found out my leads were being generated by fax spam.

Oh, and fave app?

I'm clearly too dumb for Tasker, so my favorite right now is SwitchPro - a couple of quick button presses on the home screen and I'm set up for the car, home, work - whatever.

Once I get a regular accessory input in my car (iPod adapter right now), AudioGalaxy will probably be my favorite.

I'm a big fan of:

Cardio Trainer
JEFit
WiFi File Explorer (eff cables!)
Android 2 Cloud
True Food

And as an avid and enthusiastic driver, Trapster and PhantomAlert are essentials.

Upvote 0
CAP201101240311.jpg

Launcher - Launcher Pro

Widget - Widgetsoid
It is so neat and customizable, and show all the info i feel is necessary AND i can put shortcuts on it. That is the widget you see left, top and right on my screen.

Widget - DroidStats
As many others i pay a set fee each month and get a certain number of sms's. MB's and outgoing phone minutes for free. This widget lets me keep track of how much I've got left to spend till the end of the month. Supereasy to set up, and does the job properly.

App - PhoneMyPC
THE BEST (imo) remote desktop app! Works everywhere with 3g/wifi.

Music - PowerAMP
Best amplifier, library/folder list.

App - RockPlayer
Reads almost every media format there is.

App - Where's My Droid
Will help you find your lost/stolen droid.

App - CamScanner
Backup your receipts by simply taking a photo of them.
The app resize and adjust contrast to make it look like they are actually scanned.

Upvote 0
CAP201101240311.jpg
App - PhoneMyPC
THE BEST (imo) remote desktop app! Works everywhere with 3g/wifi.
I was happy with them at first... but now I realize that the dev is a liar. Support for sound has been promised to be right around the corner ever since I purchased this app... nearly a year ago. It has been an unreasonable amount of time to deliver and I am convinced that it was a lie spread for the purpose of competing with other PC/Phone apps that actually support sound.

Don't get suckered in to this app if you want an app that supports sound!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones