• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Go to manage your apps and move some of your bigger apps to your as card and there you go man problem solved

I've moved as many as I can and am still short of room. Is this a particular problem with the Nexus One?

I think the Tunelink App mentioned on here uses up a lot - 15.58MB. It's since I got it that I've had problems.

Upvote 0
I have an Optimus-V also very low app space (not sure if it's any lower than the Nexus). What I do:
1. Back up apps you might use (but only occasionally) to SD, then uninstall. You can reinstall from SD in a minute or two if you need it later.
2. Uninstall any free Amazon apps you seldom use, you can reinstall from Amazon later.
3. Get rid of apps you don't use.
4. Replace apps you use with apps that are smaller or can be moved to SD. (ie: I replaced Weatherbug about 3mb, with Weather Buddy 600mb.. yeah you make some sacrifices).
5. Put an app like "SD Watch" on you phone, it's small and will tell you when an app can be moved to SD. SDWatch | AppBrain Android Market
6. Put a cache cleaner on you phone, like App Cache Cleaner - Android app on AppBrain You can get rid of 5-10mb per day if you surf much.

I'm able to keep 40mb free by doing these things. Appbrain shows 85 installed apps, total 126 mb. My apps: http://www.appbrain.com/user/tcat007/apps-on-the-vm670

I've moved as many as I can and am still short of room. Is this a particular problem with the Nexus One?

I think the Tunelink App mentioned on here uses up a lot - 15.58MB. It's since I got it that I've had problems.

Upvote 0
As an aged newbe, I love this thread and have been following the new replies for some months now. It has led me to some fab apps.

One thing though, how on earth do you all fit all these apps on your phone? I've got a Nexus One and keep getting low phone storage messages. I occasionally have to get rid of apps I like, but don't use much, to load new ones to try! Maybe I need a new phone but I LOVE my Nexus!

I had the same problem with my htc desire. The fact is, nowadays app sizes are large and take up too much room in the older phones. I was forced to get a newer phone so i got the htc desire z. When i had 27mb free on the htc desire, i now have more than 800mb free on the desire z. But i have to say, the htc desire was a better handset.

Upvote 0
I have an Optimus-V also very low app space (not sure if it's any lower than the Nexus). What I do:
1. Back up apps you might use (but only occasionally) to SD, then uninstall. You can reinstall from SD in a minute or two if you need it later.
2. Uninstall any free Amazon apps you seldom use, you can reinstall from Amazon later.
3. Get rid of apps you don't use.
4. Replace apps you use with apps that are smaller or can be moved to SD. (ie: I replaced Weatherbug about 3mb, with Weather Buddy 600mb.. yeah you make some sacrifices).
5. Put an app like "SD Watch" on you phone, it's small and will tell you when an app can be moved to SD. SDWatch | AppBrain Android Market
6. Put a cache cleaner on you phone, like App Cache Cleaner - Android app on AppBrain You can get rid of 5-10mb per day if you surf much.

I'm able to keep 40mb free by doing these things. Appbrain shows 85 installed apps, total 126 mb. My apps: http://www.appbrain.com/user/tcat007/apps-on-the-vm670

Nice tips man I don't have thus problem but I am gonna start doing some of these

Upvote 0
I can't choose one! :O

I have HTC DHD and what really improved my Android experience is SwiftKey X, the default keyboard was killing me! I also recently discovered GO Launcher X and now I'm having even more fun. And as a photography fan I love Little Photo.

Did you check out Launcher Pro also? AND even more fun is MultiPicture Live - it allows a different pic on each screen. Love it!

Upvote 0
Nice I am getting multi pix now... Does it work with launcher pro?

Yes. Slight lag in picture switching when you go from portrait to landscape but otherwise it's great.

And I don't know if I've said it but it bears mention whenever I can - Hide It Pro - awesome for hiding those pictures you don't want your friends or family accidentally stumbling upon.

Upvote 0
And I don't know if I've said it but it bears mention whenever I can - Hide It Pro - awesome for hiding those pictures you don't want your friends or family accidentally stumbling upon.

I think I need this. It's embarrassing when friends/family go through my phone's album and see my self portrait a day chronicling my outfits that I take >_>;;;

Reactions: emtee009
Upvote 0
I think I need this. It's embarrassing when friends/family go through my phone's album and see my self portrait a day chronicling my outfits that I take >_>;;;

Perfect! And I never thought of doing that - I love the idea - by thursday I can't remember what i wore on monday and if i did laundry it's a crapshoot as to whether I'll repeat. LOL!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones