• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite app to increase volume on your Nexus?

Just downloaded the AudioManager free widget and it's almost perfect. Perfect seems to be the paid app so I might just buy the Pro version.
I've just got a new stereo in my car and use my phone to play music through it, the problem I have is that the media volume on my phone has to be on full. But then if I use my phone when I'm not in the car it scares the crap out of me as it comes on full blast.

Can I just ask as a side note, does the UK (voda) N1 have the EU volume restrictions on it? My N1 was purchased direct from Google shortly after launch so I know mine has no restrictions.

Upvote 0
I've just got a new stereo in my car and use my phone to play music through it, the problem I have is that the media volume on my phone has to be on full. But then if I use my phone when I'm not in the car it scares the crap out of me as it comes on full blast.

I'm the opposite, I leave the volumn loud for incoming calls. So when I plug in my headphones to listen to music...yeah >_> kills my eardrums XD

Upvote 0
I'm the opposite, I leave the volumn loud for incoming calls. So when I plug in my headphones to listen to music...yeah >_> kills my eardrums XD

Seems like the complete oposite yeh. I have my phone on silent 100% of the time. Apart from alarms and media which are on full volume. Which causes the crap to be scared out of me a lot lol.

I noticed on the Pro version of AudioManager that it has profiles so I can just switch between the different ones when I leave my car. Sounds perfect to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones