• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite apps for HUAWEI ASCEND users!

What's your favorite App from the Market? Also, it would be nice to tell us why! :)

• Total voters
of some reason i thought you were blastgt. i was a bit stoned. you wouldn't understand unless you were signed up for myascend.org.

it is a bit of a pain to navigate but blast helped clean out the rubbish people. goo support and i'm in shout box pretty often, like now for instance.
I'm over there too. I'm a moderator for that site now. I love having everyone here and there. I like all you guys...'Specially Toke. <3

I'm still using Launcher Pro. Just for the simple fact that I've become attached to the 3D app drawer. I did like Go Launcher Ex though, I liked the picture you could put in the app drawer. Now, If I could find a 3D one with a customizable picture...HOO HOO buddy...

Upvote 0
I am in total agreement. IMO, the only other theme that comes close is LauncherPro. I don't use themes b/c I have a wallpaper that I like and I've customized all the icons I want to. It runs with the least lag and has all the features I like.

I have to second your agreement. The simplicity of Go Launcher EX is matched by its stability which are the 3 most important qualities to me for a shell replacement app. :D I count simplicity 2x!

Upvote 0
The newest update to Go Launcher now supports changing fonts! You can even scan your apps and find new fonts. I'm assuming you can also dl font packs and use those, but haven't tried that yet. Very cool!

iv found a font package from my apps but for some reason it wont come up as a option to change it so guess its kinda a redundant search lol...

Upvote 0
iv found a font package from my apps but for some reason it wont come up as a option to change it so guess its kinda a redundant search lol...
Hmm... It worked for me. I did the scan thing and it found 4 font packages. I looked through them all and they all worked. I'm using one called whizbang right now from vintage comic droid.

Upvote 0
Hmm... It worked for me. I did the scan thing and it found 4 font packages. I looked through them all and they all worked. I'm using one called whizbang right now from vintage comic droid.
mine found fonts from other apps or wtfe they came from but didnt find the droid font I install in root tools lol

Upvote 0
I am a big fan of simplification, and most of my apps lean to the work side of things. Here are the ones I could not make it through the day without. There are a few paid apps on this list, but I consider them worth it, and if you get Amazon App Store, you can score some good ones free.

Evernote. You have no idea how much you need this until you have it.

Dropbox. Sharing a work document or family photos, this app saves more time than any other I have found.

Hootsuite. Social Networking at its easiest. Faster than Seesmic, with easier interface.
Business Calendar. Best interface, best widget, easy to use. No downsides here

SwiftKey. BEST keyboard app ever. Learns your word patterns and predicts the next likely word for you. After about a week, texts write themselves.

Checkbook. Great money managing app, unlimited accounts on the paid version, and backup/restore data options.

Slidecreen. This is one you either love or hate. If function is more important that fashion to you, then try the free version and see.. It gives you feeds for your most important info on one screen. FB, Twitter, text, email, calendar events, stocks ect. but it is a purely functional app. I see this app coming into its own within a year, as they are working on APIs that will allow any app developer to interface with it. Once that happens, it will take off like a rocket.

Autokiller Memory Optimizer. I am anti Task Manager, they kill your battery and most don't work. What I like about AMO is that it is not really a TM. It does manage some processes, but for the most part it flexes your memory based on demand. Great app for ending lagging on your phone. One note, this is for Rooted users ONLY.

Now my two guilty pleasures:

Amazon Kindle. I really should not have to explain this, just be careful when reading in the bathroom. It's not like dropping a book in the sink.

Redbox. I used to be a manager for Hollywood Video. After seeing how much Redbox has improved over the last 2 years, it is no shock that HV went bankrupt. Search movies by location, reserve right from your phone, this is too damn easy for 1 dollar a day rentals.

Feel free to add to this discussion with your favorites.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Dsanders77. I actually already use many of the apps you mentioned. I just checked out Slidescreen... I'm not sure yet if I love it or hate it.

I just wanted to make a suggestion about Evernote to anyone who tries it. Dsanders77 is right about you don't know how useful it is until you try it. If you are a student, teacher, writer, journalist, or ANYONE who wants/needs to organize and save information, check out Evernote but do it from a full size pc or laptop first. I have Evernote on my PC, my laptop and of course, my phone. It's an amazing thing. Can't live without it but it is much easier to understand and learn from a desktop or pc first. Just go to Evernote.com

Upvote 0
My list is geared toward tools that make the phone work better/faster/smoother,especially for those who are rooted & using the stock ANDROID 2.1.1 ECLAIR O/S:

1) CPU BOOST PRO

2) LINK2SD,using ROM MANAGER to partition the SDcard to make this app work.

3) VM HEAP TOOL

4) CACHE MATE,CACHE CLEANER NG,FAST CLEAN CACHE, & aCCleaner

5) SD SPEED INCREASE

6) SD MAID

7) MASQED CRUSADER:Speeds up web use,downloading,etc....

8) PHANDROID: no explaination needed here!

I've selected these apps for their ease of use & most importantly,THEY ALL WORK GREAT.

Upvote 0
My list is geared toward tools that make the phone work better/faster/smoother,especially for those who are rooted & using the stock ANDROID 2.1.1 ECLAIR O/S:

1) CPU BOOST PRO

2) LINK2SD,using ROM MANAGER to partition the SDcard to make this app work.

3) VM HEAP TOOL

4) CACHE MATE,CACHE CLEANER NG,FAST CLEAN CACHE, & aCCleaner

5) SD SPEED INCREASE

6) SD MAID

7) MASQED CRUSADER:Speeds up web use,downloading,etc....

8) PHANDROID: no explaination needed here!

I've selected these apps for their ease of use & most importantly,THEY ALL WORK GREAT.
Actually, I would like an explanation about Phandroid. I only used it for a very short time, but I didn't see the point. It didn't seem any faster than going to Android Forums on the phone browser and had less functionality. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Actually, I would like an explanation about Phandroid. I only used it for a very short time, but I didn't see the point. It didn't seem any faster than going to Android Forums on the phone browser and had less functionality. Am I missing something?

Just a personal preference,I suppose.To me,looking @ A/F on the phone browser is akin to looking through a keyhole to see what's going on at the other side of the door.Admittedly,you lose some functionality w/the app.Again,it's just my preference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones