• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite canceled TV show?

I loved that show.

I agree with others about Firefly aswell.

I have since watched the Firefly season and agree. Watched Serenity too. Saw it years ago and thought it was "meh". Watching it when I Should after FF was much better.

Also not so much cancelled as "run it's course" but I am STILL missing BSG.

I've really been missing Caprica. Wasn't there a rumor of another spin-off that took place at the same time as BSG but from the Cylon PoV?

There was a one-off, called "The Plan" which ran alongside the BSG series. It elaborated on both sides of the story but certainly showed a lot more from the Cylon PoV... Given it's about their plan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286130/

Reactions: MacFett
Upvote 0
I really miss Legend of the Seeker. Really good show.

Me, too. I discovered it half way through the second season when I could not sleep one night. I finished watching the second season and the reruns of the first half. I then bought the DVD of the first season. There was a fan movement to get it to continue, but it was not successful.

Another show that I loved that got cancelled after one season was a series called End Game. It was about a Russian chess master (Akardi Balagan) with agoraphobia. He is trapped in a hotel in Vancouver after his wife was murdered and is unable to leave. He ends up solving crimes and mysteries to pay his hotel bill. He is aided by a young student and chess player, the hotel maid and bartender who do all the footwork outside of the hotel, as Balagan cannot leave due to his phobia. It's a little like Nero Wolf.

I caught it half way through the season and ended up finishing it via the ShowCase web site.

Upvote 0
Just stumbled across this thread and to my surprise I find I am not alone in missing Sci-Fi programs. The recent ones I miss are The Event, Heroes, Stargate SG1 and dozens more. It seams these days that Reality shows take priority over syfi and comedy.

When I grew up in the 70's there was always these shows on between 7.00 and 9.00pm now its soaps. Perhaps there will be a swing around like fashion.

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
Just stumbled across this thread and to my surprise I find I am not alone in missing Sci-Fi programs. The recent ones I miss are The Event, Heroes, Stargate SG1 and dozens more. It seams these days that Reality shows take priority over syfi and comedy.

When I grew up in the 70's there was always these shows on between 7.00 and 9.00pm now its soaps. Perhaps there will be a swing around like fashion.

Like you...I am sick of the Reality Show!

Upvote 0
Firefly of course.

United States of Tara was awesome, a Showtime show that was cancelled before the 4th season. They are all on netflix streaming but ended too soon.

another series on netflix is Survivors a post apocalyptic show by BBC that ended too soon and with a big cliff hanger in the 2nd season (series) and then was cancelled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones