• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite Cuisines

What're your favorite cuisines?

• African (ex. South African, Egyptian, Moroccan)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • American (ex. BBQ, Cajun)

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • British

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Central American (ex. Costa Rican, Guatemalan)

• Chinese

• Eastern European (ex. Czech, Polish)

• Filipino

• French

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • German

• Greek

• Hawaiian

• Indian

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Italian

• Japanese

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Korean

• Mediterranean

• Mexican

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Middle Eastern

• Mongolian

• Moroccan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russian

• Scandinavian (ex. Danish, Swedish)

• South American (ex. Argentinian, Colombian)

• Spanish

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Taiwanese

• Thai

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Vietnamese

• Other

• Total voters
Oh definitely not pepperoni on pizza. Pepperoni in Italian means "peppers". That's it. lol It would basically be asking for peppers on your pizza. There's no "Pepperoni" equivalent in Italy.

One of the things that we talked about in one of my Italian classes was cuisine. We talked quite a bit about misconceptions... and pepperoni, alfredo sauce, and marinari were some of the things we talked about. Another thing is that the garlic bread we have here is so heavy compared to real Italian garlic bread, which is basically bread (I forgot which kind) with garlic clove rubbed on and a drizzle of olive oil. None of the heavy, greasy stuff we have.

One of the best things that I've ever had were these rosemary potatoes in a restaurant in Florence. I was just expecting tasty potatoes and then BAM! potatoes that were on the orgasmic level. I need to get back there! I tried several different ones here and couldn't reproduce the same effect.

Also...It would be cool if we could have a Recipes subforum of some kind. Just an idea. I know that we already have so many subforums in The Lounge, hehe.

Ironic because on a survey I saw not too long ago they said pepperoni is the most poular pizza topping =P.

Of course I prefer home made italian sausage on mine.. with fresh mozz and fresh homemade suace and dough.... mmmmmmm

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones