• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite flash browser

At this point any option for Adobe's Flash on smartphones/tablets will be a complete kluge. Adobe abandoned Flash for mobile devices over four years ago and while there's still a lot of Flash content plaguing the Internet these days most forward-thinking sites have migrated to HTML5. I really don't know what your options are. It's just as well your passing on Dolphin as it relies on an out-of-date version of its Flash plugin, and while Puffin's solution is more current as it runs Flash off of its own servers, its user interface doesn't fill your needs.
What sites are you visiting that you need Flash for?

Upvote 0
I didn't run across any Flash content on that site using my phone, but only clicked on four or five links. Lots of javascripting (as most sites have these days) but no Flash. Also went to that site on my desktop and didn't run across any Flash content, but I did notice that site is attempting to insert countless third-party tracking cookies into my browser (only a few on the home page, but clicking on different links brings up listings of several more, in different combinations relative to each page).
Are you getting errors specifically stating you need Flash when you're viewing that site or is it just something you're speculating is related to Flash? What browser are you using?

Reactions: AZgl1500 and mikedt
Upvote 0

This appeared when I clicked a link on that site. Using a Mac.
kfc ad.jpg

Conde Nast "Nutrition Data" sponsored by KFC. :D

I assume you can live without Flash ads on your Android? :thumbsupdroid: The ads you might see are very much dependant on country and/or region of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In desktop mode, street avoiding the initial barrage of ads, that site is very informative on the nutritional content of food. It contains about 4-5 plots which rely on flash.

OK, desktop mode, they're assuming you're either using Microsoft Windows or Apple OS X(i.e. operating systems that Adobe supports with current versions of Flash), and if you're not...good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For years, I used Dolphin for flash. Now, having read of their evils, I need something else. I tried puffin but there's a fair bit about it that I dislike (no tap for zoom, no clear data on exit...). What are some other favorites?
Omg I looooove Puffin! Lol yep I'm with you on Dolphin... Stay far far away. Puffin does take some time getting used to but for me it was totally worth it and the double tap to zoom feature missing is not really a big deal for mE... just make sure you have force enabled zoom ticked in your Puffin settings and you can simply zoom on any text with 2 fingers. On another note, I absolutely love Opera for my Mac computer but I tried it on my Galaxy tablet and I don't like it at all for Android. Puffin is the best for Android in my opinioN

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones