• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite Forums Issue.

Little Darwin

Android Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, PA
Hi, and thanks for the forum, it is a great resource!

However, there does seem to be a bug in the Favorite Forums function. I check unread messages in my favorite forums at least 5 times a week, and so I should be pretty up to date. However, for some reason in the past month or so, there is almost always a long list of entries that are claimed to be not new, but have unread messages...

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks!

The bit I assume you're referring to is the text that pops up halfway through:

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

Bear in mind that the favourite forums list is not supposed to be a list of new posts - it is a list of unread posts.

Things above that line are new posts that were made after you last visited the forum. Posts below are the unread posts that were already here last time you visited the forum, but you did not read.

If you want to clear out the list, you need to hit 'Mark Forums Read' in the 'Quick Links' dropdown near the top of the page. That will mean all the threads you saw but did not choose to read in that visit will not turn up next time.

Reactions: Frisco and EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones