1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Favorite Launcher?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by doniago, Aug 9, 2012.

?

What launcher(s) do you use?

1. Stock

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Go

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Nova

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Apex

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

I've been using Go Launcher since I first installed it on my Droid X. Been quite happy with it, but now that I've got a RAZR MAXX with ICS, I'm wondering whether there might be a better option out there. I've heard good things about Apex and Nova, though I've also heard that the Stock launcher itself is pretty usable these days.

So...what do you use, and why?

2. mahers

mahers Android Expert

GO is now GONE! It's not only based off GB, it's bloated as hell. There are so many features on it, I gave up trying to discover them all, and the multiple updates per week were getting annoying. Nova Prime has everything I want/need AND it's fast and smooth. There are some things that it doensn't have, but are really just fancy things that are not necessary at all. It has customization that satisfies me, plus it's based on ICS and now has JB features included. Can't beat it.

3. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

I used GO on my Droid X and it was great. Since moving up to a Razr Maxx, I'm now using either the stock launcher or Apex. I've also tried Nova and Atom, 2 other launchers built for ICS, but uninstalled both of them after short trials. Apex and Nova are very similar but the free version of Apex provides more features than the free Nova version. Atom was different, but I just wasn't that wild about the look of it and navigating through screens was less intuitive to me. I switch back and forth occasionally just for variety as Blur has come a long way, but my vote goes to Apex.

4. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

Apex pro

5. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

With the possible exception of Stock, there doesn't seem to be a clear winner here. I'm admittedly a little surprised.

6. Daino92

Daino92 Member

Apex pro is faster and smoother than nova. I've used both and after a few days I switched to apex. I am currently running apex pro with Jelly Bean theme and Jelly Bean features. Go with apex!

7. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast

I have used Nova Apex Go & ADW. Nova was very laggy and slow. Go was too bloated. Apex didn't have scroll-able widgets. ADW didn't have anything I could think of wrong with it. But in the end, I prefer stock ICS to all of the above. The only reason I wanted a launcher was to resize widgets and have the grid be 5x5. But those things aren't worth the used space and battery to me. Stock I stay. :D

8. fendee1

fendee1 Newbie

Wish icons could be made bigger in ics . Go lauchr helps but lately go so bloated.

9. JediZombie

JediZombie Well-Known Member

Launcher Pro

10. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

For larger icons try Desktop VisualizeR

11. HTTR

HTTR Android Enthusiast

I am running Nova paid version, but it seems that it is very similar to Apex. Can anyone give me a breakdown on the difference between the two? Neither of them shows the icons for widgets which pisses me off, but tht speed and customizing outweighs that for me.

Thanks

I have tried almost every launcher out there...

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews