1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Favorite Lock Screen App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Fafafooey, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Fafafooey

Fafafooey Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    What is your favorite lockscreen app? I am a Droid Newbie (my jail broken iPhone 4 was zapped by a power surge so decided to try my first android device), have a rooted Galaxy S2 and would like to add more functionality to the front screen. Has anyone bought and tried this app?
    http://goo.gl/wgo1n

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. zflamewing

zflamewing Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2011
    NOC/IT Professional
    Atl
    I've been lurking on here for weeks before I had my first Android device and kept combing through the lock screen theme thread in the themes area. I've noticed that widget locker is a popular app. It's the only lock screen mod app I've worked with thus far and I'm really liking it so far. I've used 2 sliders on the lock screen. One is the ICS styled one and I've altered it's functions to unlock to the right and to the left, up, and down launch other features I find highly useful. At the bottom I use their default slider format where instead of unlocking when swiping from left to right it launches texts. Swiping the same area from right to left cycles, mute, vibrate, and audio. If you want to see what people are doing with their lock screens I recommend checking out this thread.
    http://androidforums.com/android-th...-lockscreen-screenshots-widgetlocker-etc.html

Hope this helps.

3. Fafafooey

Fafafooey Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    I want to use my lockscreen primarily for notifications such as email, text, weather, phone calls etc.

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Then get widgetlocker and android pro widgets. Android Pro Widgets has a message widget like HTC Sense has (which is more or less everything you want) and you can stick the widget on widget locker.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Think of Widgetlocker as an extra homescreen which can be configured to hold a 10x10 grid (not sure if this is max).