1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Favorite Recovery , Philz, CWM or TWRP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by biggdogg, Jun 10, 2015.

1. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member

What is your preferred recovery image on your Galaxy Avant ? What features do you like or dislike ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. HeaT

HeaT Newbie

I just switched to Philz since I've already used CWM and starting using TWRP on this phone. I'm liking Philz with DFuses Background image but everything's different then TWRP. I personally think I like TWRP the best but Philz is a close second since I'm new to it

3. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

The main reason people like Philz and cwm is its otg enabled. Meaning you can plug a USB drive into it and make backups/restore backups/flash zips from the external USB drive so you don't have to have it on your external SD or internal SD card.

horsecharles, biggdogg and Blu8 like this.
  4. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Wait CWM and Philz have otg support? Sweet. I tried to do that using TWRP and it said otg wasn't supported for this device

5. AmazingLarry

AmazingLarry Newbie

6. codyedmonson

7. JesseBanks

JesseBanks Well-Known Member

How could I switch from Twrp to Philz because I want to backup to a USB before I install that fire aokp

Thanks

8. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

Instructions are in the OP, download the avant exploded app, make sure you're using supersu and have busy box installed. Then download the recovery.img from the OP and launch the app and have it download whatever recovery, doesn't matter. After it finishes downloading, copy the recovery.img you got from the OP and copy it into the corresponding folder in the "Exploded" folder in your internal sd, then go back into the app and tap "make it happen". Reboot to recovery and bam.

horsecharles and JesseBanks like this.
  9. AmazingLarry

AmazingLarry Newbie

If dfuse allows it I have a flashable.

10. codyedmonson

He's working on including it in his app, he's asked for no flash able zip though.

Blu8 likes this.
  11. dfuse06

dfuse06 Android Enthusiast

I'm gonna added to my app but it is cool as long as I get the credit for making philz

12. dfuse06

dfuse06 Android Enthusiast

So sweet like Georgia pie

horsecharles and Blu8 like this.
  13. biggdogg

I saw that @dfuse06 posted that it's okay as long as he gets credit for Philz, did you ever post the .zip file and if so could you provide a link ? Thanks!

14. codyedmonson

horsecharles and biggdogg like this.
  15. biggdogg

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews