• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Favorite sense Rom?

Hi all, I've been using kings unleashed r5. I have been really happy with this Rom, but I am ready to try another sense Rom. What would you suggest for a sense Rom? I like soles and good battery life. I really prefer staying with a sense Rom for now. Thanks for the suggestions. ;)

Lesawag, what up girl? Lol

Hey there are some sweet shift ports out now that are sense 2.1 and running great that I would be comfortable suggesting to you. First lets see if you have an epson screen or not

In terminal

Su
dmesg | grep -i epson

And dmesg | grep -i novatec

Only one will return a result..

Does it return anything or just #?

Upvote 0
Hey evomattnc, :), all is well except its 104 in Austin, hot! Ok, I understood everything you said, except everything to do with checking for Epson screen.... Lol. Ahhh, what?
Those are command from the terminal emulator app. Not sure if that's where the confusion was...

I personally really like myn's warm 2.2 roms. It was the first one I flashed, and I keep going back to it from time to time.

Upvote 0
Those are command from the terminal emulator app. Not sure if that's where the confusion was...

I personally really like myn's warm 2.2 roms. It was the first one I flashed, and I keep going back to it from time to time.

Lol my bad thought i taught lesa some terminal commands :)

Just saying the new shift ports are stable and pretty kick ass. I would only suggest it if she had an Epson screen though due to the brightness bug

Upvote 0
Lol my bad thought i taught lesa some terminal commands :)

Just saying the new shift ports are stable and pretty kick ass. I would only suggest it if she had an Epson screen though due to the brightness bug
Ah okay. I didn't want to step on any toes or anything, but I thought maybe you missed that part in your instructions. Ya never know :)

Upvote 0
Boy, I've missed alot here... just for kicks, how do I find out what screen I have? Bought my evo on November so I guess it's prob. Not an epson. No I must of missed the lesson on terminal commands.... lol. I found myns warm to be pretty slow and sluggish on my evo. Kings r5 just runs so fast with no lag at all. Where's my sauce??? Lol

Upvote 0
Boy, I've missed alot here... just for kicks, how do I find out what screen I have? Bought my evo on November so I guess it's prob. Not an epson. No I must of missed the lesson on terminal commands.... lol. I found myns warm to be pretty slow and sluggish on my evo. Kings r5 just runs so fast with no lag at all. Where's my sauce??? Lol

You punch that command line I gave you into the terminal emulator an if it returns something other than # that's what screen you have, of course now if it gives an error then you just typed it wrong :)

Upvote 0
Lol, thanks. Dumb question here, when I put my sd in my reader.... where do I find the nandroid backups???? Lol. A bunch of Android things pop up, and I opened them, but I don't know where to begin to find my 4 backup files. I didn't name them, just the date I made them on. Maybe I should name them next time... duh. Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones