• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite SMS app??

I used chomp on my EVO. I found it to be much better than handcent. However, I've actually had no desire to switch from stock on my Epic. I think it's just fine. Also, the default black background actually works great due to black using almost no battery life on the Epic's SAMOLED screen.

Still a few features I miss from chomp. Might install again.

Upvote 0
I have a friend who I believe is using Handcent but is having issues receiving SMS/MMS when his WiFi is on...in fact he's just plain not receiving his messages in that instance. Is anyone else having this issue?

He took his phone back to the store because he wasn't sure what the issue was at first. They had him do a factory reset and of course it worked....but he didn't have Handcent back on there at that point (was just using the phones SMS). As soon as he put Handcent back on and was connected to WiFi at home he was back to not getting his messages.

Upvote 0
I have a friend who I believe is using Handcent but is having issues receiving SMS/MMS when his WiFi is on...in fact he's just plain not receiving his messages in that instance. Is anyone else having this issue?

He took his phone back to the store because he wasn't sure what the issue was at first. They had him do a factory reset and of course it worked....but he didn't have Handcent back on there at that point (was just using the phones SMS). As soon as he put Handcent back on and was connected to WiFi at home he was back to not getting his messages.

This is not a handcent problem. the problem is that your friend was on wifi when he was trying to download the SMS message.

Tell him to turn off wifi and download the picture. This is a problem for the epic in general not a particular app.

Upvote 0
This is not a handcent problem. the problem is that your friend was on wifi when he was trying to download the SMS message.

Tell him to turn off wifi and download the picture. This is a problem for the epic in general not a particular app.

Seriously? So when on wifi, the phone shuts off 3G/4G? Not being able to receive texts while wifi is turned on is kind of lame. Are all phones like that?

Upvote 0
I don't text a lot (back and forth to family, mostly), but I decided to try Handcent, and it is amazing to me how sophisticated it is for a free app - I need to make a donation. I got my messages colorized orange and blue (Illini & Bears fan), which is cool :). The popup notification with quick reply and the integrated voice-to-text is really handy.

-- robert

Upvote 0
Im getting issues with stock. Any pics or videos require download. When I click on download button, I get a "Download not available at the moment" or something to that nature. All of a sudden, I got several text messages today, but they were the same messages from a couple of days ago, but this time it showe the attachments. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones