1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Favorite Super bowl commercial

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bigbadwulff, Feb 7, 2011.

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

1) Rosanne getting hit by the log. We all went nuts when we saw that looney toon get whacked. Snickers, if I like your candy bars, I'd buy a few.

2) VW commercials. The Darth Vader one was great.

3) BMW diesel commercial. Having had 4 VW diesels I commend them for showing what current diesel cars are (really) like. ~50 mpg highway with our's and not slow at all ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jwp1223

jwp1223 Android Enthusiast

Rosanne getting hit by the log was hilarious.

The Darth Vader one was very cute!

Those are the only two I really liked...

3. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

IOWA and EgoDogg like this.
  4. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

IOWA likes this.
  5. bigbadwulff

I forgot all about the Doritos with the grandfather. That was awesome

6. jwp1223

jwp1223 Android Enthusiast

Not so awesome if you've lost your grandfather recently and he was the only father figure in your life...I thought it was pretty tasteless.

7. bigbadwulff

Well i guess I can see that but the kid was glad to see grandad back. Sorry for your loss.

8. Darth Vader and Doritos Grandfather were great.

9. i VTAK

i VTAK Android Expert

The Verizon iPhone one had me cracking up. Also the Dorito one where the guy sucked the other guys finger.

10. jamor

jamor Android Expert

11. Btros

Btros Android Enthusiast

The Verizon iPhone ad was definitely the most effective ad I saw.

12. Epicurean

Epicurean Android Enthusiast

The NASCAR commercial of the ferris wheel rolling down the midway and the guy on the ride spread-eagled - Must Be A Fan

That and the Pepsi commercial of the couple on a blind date, the guy is thinking, "iwannasleepwithher, iwannasleepwithher, iwannasleepwithher, iwannasleepwithher..."

13. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Dorito finger licking, darth vader passat and bridgestone beaver were my favorites.

14. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

Darth Vader, the finger licking one, and I was in stitches when that dude walked into his apartment and his grandfather was sitting there!!! Haha

But the one that left the biggest impresion was the Eminem/Chrysler commercial (hell it was 2 minutes long, how could it not???). Honestly though, that city has been devistated over the past 5 years. And I fully hold the big three responsible for all of it, but I do feel for the people who've had to suffer because of it. But when he said, "this is the 'Motor City', this is what we do"... I dunno, I felt this pride inside, even though I'm not even from the US. I dunno, for some reason I really thought that was a powerful commercial.

15. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

Oh wait, I totally forgot... I thought the 'BestBuy' commercial with Ozzy and Justin Beiber was fantastic! They really nailed the rate of technology thing with 4g, 5g and 6g. And then when Ozzy said, "what's a Beiber"? And the guy behind him said, "I dunno, but it kinda looks like a girl"... all I can say is props to Justin for being able to laugh at himself!

16. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!!
    VIP Member

17. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Android Enthusiast

The Darth Vader one was pretty neat. I also thought the Ozzy one was good. The one I loved though was the poke at Apple though, pointing out that they have become exactly what they railed against with the Mac and imo it serves them right because it's the truth.

18. bigbadwulff

I'm not sure even the Apple people got the message in that ad. I just think they don't have a clue as to how "in the fold" they are.

19. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

The VW Darth Vader spot was cute as was the Bridgestone Beaver. The "Cowboys and Aliens" spot made ME feel like Ozzy.

However, they have yet to come up with a Super Bowl spot that will beat this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VASQnXCw1S4

20. bigbadwulff

Can I get one of those hot dogs?

Priceless!