• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorites Widget Help

Go to the actual People application. Make sure the list you are viewing is Favorites. Then you should be able to long press on a contact to change the setting.

This assumes you're on 1.5. If you're on 2.1 then I have no idea. I'd assume it's the same, but I'm waiting for the OTA.

Upvote 0
Mine is just allowing me to add groups in the favorites widget. It is actually allowing me to add any group I want. I have one for work and one for friends. The default action wasn't applied until I chose something the first time. Then it defaulted to whatever action that was. Typically calling a cell, home or work number. This is of course in 2.1. The only way you may be able to change the default is to remove the contact from your favorites and then re-add them.

Upvote 0
Anyone know how to remove a contact from favorites? I called this radio station a shitload of times because I was trying to win something and now it's stuck at the top of my list, lol.

Go into people, select favorites (if using 1.5) or groups (if using 2.1) and hit the menu button. There should be an option to remove or delete them from that group/list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones