1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Favourite clock widget?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ibby1001, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ibby1001

ibby1001 Newbie

alostpacket likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Depends on the theme I have, I just change to those which fit. Currently I'm a bit tired of themes and such so I went for a basic look, so I got Beautiful widgets.

3. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast

Beautiful Widgets before they got the C&D from HTC. Glad I still have a backup of it.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Beautiful Widgets is still in GetJar, and free. :)

5. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast

I don't see the need for a clock widget when you have the time displayed in the top right corner of your screen at all times. :p

6. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

7. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Android Enthusiast

UssjTrunks, I'm guessing that you are under 50? Spare a thought for those of us who aren't and whose arms seem to be getting so short that no matter how we stretch them in front of us we still can't read that tiny clock! in the corner!!!!
    My clock of choice is SDS Clock which is very simple, shows the date too and the paid version allows you to launch 2 other apps (I have chosen Weather and Settings) by tapping above or below the clock. I have noticed that the developer has other similar clocks in the Market, varying by font and size.

8. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

9. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

HTC Sense has made it so I must have a large clock and weather widget on my front homescreen. I just got so used to it that now the main homescreen looks odd without one. /sigh...so now I use Beautiful Widgets with the ICS theme.

10. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

11. Bob253

Bob253 Well-Known Member

lol, same here. Beautiful Widgets it is, and change the theme over every so often just to make the Home look a little different.

12. mWags

mWags Newbie

SiMi Clock for me too.

13. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast

Yeah, and damn if it isn't the prettiest one out there. The really sad part though is that since my last post it seems it has a few issues with ICS. Tapping the clock doesn't open the alarm, and the large weather animations don't work (the small one on the clock itself works fine) despite having transferred the animation files.

I suppose I'll have to try out some of these other clocks.

14. truballa030

truballa030 Lurker

I like the SiMi clock.

15. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member

What am I missing about Simi that everyone likes so much?

I gave it a shot. I hate the line. Yes you can make the line go away by making it the same color as the background, but then your time looks like this
    11: 03
    or this
    11 :03.

And who makes you set colors with RGB these days? I'm fine with RGB as an alternative for people who must have that special shade, but making that the only way to set a color????

I wanted to like this widget, but if there's no way to get around these issues, it's just too quirky for me.

16. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Its probably just not for you.

17. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert

try Fancy Widgets (Paid) with the H7C Skin.

i love it.

18. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

New Orleans Saints clock widget. Shows live NFL game scores, also has NFL top stories , team schedule's, and other functions. I think the app is available for most other teams also.

19. sadielynn

sadielynn Android Enthusiast

mClock. Sooooo many skins, check out the xda mClock thread