1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support FB always showing me as online?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dcfresh7, Apr 18, 2011.

1. dcfresh7

dcfresh7 Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, PA
    Hey, how can i get it so i'm not constantly shown as online or "available" on FB? I disabled the FB for HTC sense and removed my account. Been using the FB android app, but don't have it setup it sync. why does it show me online 24/7???

Advertisement

2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Burbs of Chicago
    If you use the chat feature, you need to hit menu>go offline rather than just back out. Thats the only reason I know of that makes it show you as currently online.

3. Eric Bishop

Eric Bishop Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Don't you feel a little ashamed that you've made up this story about having a phone that's causing you to appear to be on facebook 24/7, when in reality you're just sitting in front of your computer 24/7, continuously monitoring your facebook news feed? I mean, don't you think there's a happier life out there for you?

You should really get a Thunderbolt though. It's a great phone.

4. mattbirk

mattbirk Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Male
    ISP/Run local businesses networks
    Chicago, IL
    I have problems with it going online automatically...even did it on my D1 and I know other people it does it to. I will set it to go offline, but it somehow magically always gets turned on and I have never used FB chat on my phone. I never understood it, it seems to do it when I am actually on FB from a computer, then it seems to send the chats to my phone too...makes no sense.