1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FB Android Beta

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MLSS, Dec 10, 2013.

1. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Anyone else participating in the disaster that Facebook calls a beta?

This has to be the worst Beta test I have ever been apart of.
    The last 3 updates they have failed to fix any of the bugs I and many other have reported. They have issue after issue releasing updates. I have been a Beta tester since August and it just keeps getting worse.

I have heard the Alpha testers are feeling the pain also....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

I deactivated my Facebook account so I have no idea what they are doing anymore. All I use is Android forums and Google Plus to talk to people basically.

3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Deleted my FB account a long time ago, after learning about their egregious, covert sharing of users' data. So I wouldn't know firsthand, but nothing would surprise me.

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

I just use FB mobile. The app is a waste of space and time, it sucks down resources like no one's business and is (was) ridiculously buggy. I gave up on it a long time ago and see no reason to go back. The mobile site is so much better (for me).

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I don't use Facebook much either, but the OP would like to discuss the Facebook beta, so can we please stick to that topic? Thanks. :)

Petrah, MLSS, argedion and 1 other person like this.
  6. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

I'm on their beta program for a while. I've pretty much stopped using the latest versions ever since I found a version that I am satisfied with. I found that their updates are really hit and miss. You could get a good version, but then an update could be just crap. I expect it to be more so with the beta program.

7. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

My issue is that they act like they don't care.
    For a while they were on top of things and really responding to the feedback. Now they just turn out the same thing version after version and I find the same bugs version after version.
    I wish they were more consistent.

8. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

TSo another new beta was released yesterday. They seem to have fixed a lot of bugs finally. Still no UI change. I am not sure when the new UI will be implemented. Some of the Alpha testers saw it briefly when 4.xxxx was released and they saw it again very briefly when they got 5.xxx
    From the leaked pictures I have seen it looks just okay.

9. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

So far this is one of the better updates. Everything seems to work as it should

10. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

With beta programs, you have to accept that some versions my be quite buggy and it may take some time before they are fixed. I'm sure you're not the only one with issues and they may be working on other issues ahead of yours.

11. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

i'm in the alpha program(for the past month or so ) and have yet to experience any bugs... what bugs are you having?
    i am on version 5.0.0.0.21

12. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

I stated that this version seems to be working very well with no bugs......So my answer as of right now is that I am not finding any lol

13. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

On some previous versions I had issues such as:
    Couldn't access account settings
    Couldn't access events
    Couldn't access groups
    Lots of little bugs along the way.
    This version has run pretty smooth so far.

14. I moved this thread to the forum for discussing Android applications.

... Thom

15. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

Im on the alpha beta too, Ive found no problems, just wish we could see the flat facebook that some people have, i know it looks kinda windows/iosy but i find the fb app very boring now

16. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

I saw some screen shots and it looks okay. I like how they moved the menues some.
    I think it should look like the new messenger app.

17. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Is there a particular easy way to sign up for the beta? through the app I am assuming?

18. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Facebook android beta is the page. From there you can access the link that will take you to the Google group page. They have all the instructions

19. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Another beta released tonight.....

The only thing I have noticed so far is that there is a delay when you press on a group page until it starts loading and it takes 20+ seconds for group pages to load.

20. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Now "likes" aren't working.

21. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

There's instructions here. ;)

22. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Thanks man! I will have to try it out.

23. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Likes are working again

24. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Another beta update last night. So far no bugs for me.

25. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

I am also an alpha tester, version 5.0.0.0.27. An occasional bug, which I report. The whole point of being a tester, I assume, is to try out the latest version and report.