• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FB contacts in my phonebook

chawski

Android Enthusiast
May 19, 2010
Im not sure what i did to cause this, but after syncing my phone today, I got my facebook friends' phone numbers added to my contacts. I went into the settings to delete the FB account on my phone, yet the people are still there. at first I thought it was kinda cool to have them all there, but its really a PITA. anyone know how to get rid of them from my contacts?

I'm gonna use your thread to post a FB contacts on my phone issue too! :p Hope you don't mind :) I posted this under the 2.1 Issues thread too.

Another issue with my contacts is linking them to their Facebook profiles. When I did that on 1.5, it was pretty awesome. If a person whom I didn't have a pic for calls me, their Facebook profile picture shows up. Now, lets say I have a friend, John, and his phone number is 123-456-7890. However, on Facebook, John has his number as 1-800-JOHN-IS-A-PLAYA as a joke, guess what happens when you link his Facebook profile to the contact? His number on MY PHONE changes from the legitimate 123-456-7890 to 1-800-JOHN-IS-A-PLAYA. Yup, that's right, I do get his Facebook profile picture, but I also get his fake number too. And what's worse is if a person doesn't have their number on Facebook, and I link them to my contacts, it removes their phone number.

Is there a way to link them without the FACEBOOK NUMBER replacing the phone number I already have on the phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones