1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FB Messenger notifications acting up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tyru, Aug 14, 2012.

1. tyru

tyru Lurker

Hey all-

I just got my S3 a few days ago and, having upgraded from an htc incredible, I'm absolutely loving it. I am having one slight issue though, that developed recently. For some reason, whenever my display is off and I get a notification from Messenger, the notification sound will go off as it should, but then the LED will light up and not turn off until I turn the display on, instead of blinking as it should and did until recently. Also, once I turn the display on, the notification in the notification bar will go away while I'm still on my lock screen. Sometimes, it won't even give me a notification sound nor will the LED light up nor will the icon appear in the notification bar, even though I've received a message. I don't remember messing with any settings that would have caused this, and it's only for the Messenger application that's doing this to me - emails and SMS messages are acting perfectly (making the notification sound, LED blinks, etc.). Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. robertj3003

robertj3003 Lurker

I'd love to know the answer to this.
    Got the phone 3 days ago and was getting all notifications in the bar for txts, emails, FB. Woke up this morning to a load of notifications.
    Then havent got a single one today... The notification option on the top bar is turned on and highlighted green...

Help please

3. tyru

tyru Lurker

Yep, me too. It's pretty frustrating and awkward.

4. moonlitday

moonlitday Newbie

I think 3rd party apps are having issues coding for the led. I know handcent sms and gosms stay solid, as does instagram and fb. Gmail and stock sms are fine.

5. tyru

tyru Lurker

So you'd expect that they'll eventually get their issues sorted out?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews