1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FB notification sound went off even though volume turned off?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kathayes, Jan 2, 2013.

1. kathayes

kathayes Well-Known Member

I turned off the volume for everything except my ringtone and last night my phone started making sounds multiple times to let me know that someone was discussing something in a photo I was tagged in on Facebook. I had the notifications volume slider set all the way off. Anyone know why it did this and how I can make sure it doesn't do this again?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Hold down the power button then press mute on the screen. Repeat to bring sound back again.

kathayes likes this.
  3. kathayes

kathayes Well-Known Member

I want the phone to ring if someone calls me, I just do not want to hear any notificaitons.

4. Corki2

Corki2 Android Enthusiast

I had the same problem the other night. I use an app to silence everything but my ringer and alarm. My FB notification went off. I ended up switching to the "silent" ringtone for FB.

5. killerkamatis

killerkamatis Newbie

Android have multiple audio settings like alarm, notification, system, etc.
    If you want to silence your fb just mute notification and set the loudness for ringtone.

You can access the settings easily by pressing the volume button up. An on-screen loudness control will appear. On it's right there's an icon for setting. Click it and set it up.

Hope this helps.

6. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Android Enthusiast

As long as notifications are turned down I don't get any audible alerts. [​IMG]

7. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

Sounds like FB is using ringtone instead of notification for their notification!

8. I'm pretty sure you're right with Facebook app using the ringtone setting instead of the notification volume. Any idea how to fix this? Even if it involves coding...

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews