1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support FB, Skype etc. crash on ICS RUU

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by highlander21, Sep 15, 2012.

1. highlander21

highlander21 New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Hi everyone

I have a problem with the new ICS installed on my Desire S. After i updated it, apps like facebook, skype, google talk etc. crash as soon i tap on a link to a web site or any other link.
    Does anyone have this kind of problem, and how to fix this?

Advertisement

2. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer

Dec 1, 2011
    Male
    student/intern
    Illinois - U.S.
    need more info: you rooted/unlocked? which carrier do you use? firmware? Are you able to post a logcat for me?

3. highlander21

highlander21 New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    No,the phone is not rooted, i installed the reacent ICS update (Android 4.0.4 with HTC Sense 3.6)
    What do you mean by carrier and logcat?

4. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer

Dec 1, 2011
    Male
    student/intern
    Illinois - U.S.
    who provides the phone service (verizon, att, etc.) A logcat is a way to view the internal system logs of your device (easiest way to diagnose problems). There are a couple of ways to do this : 1) download android sdk and install adb onto your computer or 2) download terminal emulator from the market and type
    logcat > /sdcard/logfile.txt

this will create a copy of the log file onto your sd card that you can share so one of us can take a peak and see whats up with the phone. Been hearin of peope having some trouble with those updates, curious to see whats going on.

5. Jinay

Jinay New Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Yes i have been facing the same problem and m fed up with that..just cant find a solution to it

Tags: