• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

itsian56

Lurker
Sep 16, 2016
How can I remove the FBI Prism virus?

I did a search, and they said to reboot your phone in safe mode. When I press the lock button, it vibrates, but nothing pops up. It just shows the FBI thing. I cant answer my phone, I cant bring down the setting menu by dragging from the top.

I have a Moto G 3rd Gen.

Any help please?!

Press and hold the power button for several seconds, a Power Off button should appear, long press that and select OK in the next window. If they have updated the "FBI" trojan to get around that then your only recourse might be to factory reset via recovery, and you better know your Google credentials because Factory Reset Protection will kick in.

Upvote 0
When I do that, it vibrates, but the Power Off and Restart menu doesn't come up. It just shows the FBI thing. I can't remove my battery either. I'm thinking I might have to go get a new phone. :/
Continue holding down power for 15-20 seconds, don't worry about the message or menu... It will reboot, as soon as the screen goes off press and hold Vol Dn as well as power until the bootloader menu shows up, then start recovery... Wait for the Android on his back to timeout and say "No Command" then briefly hold power and tap Vol Up and release both keys. Select factory reset and give it time (sometimes 20+ minutes) for the process to complete.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones