1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

FBI whistle blower wants to start news organization?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by norb, Mar 7, 2016.

1. norb

norb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2016
    An FBI whistle blower is starting a news organization and I was wondering what your opinions are on such a thing. It looks like her kickstarter will flop. To me it is rather sad that people like her are so out of sight out of mind. She put her butt on the line to do what is right, and is continuing to do so, but so few actually care. http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/201...le-funded-media/comment-page-1/#comment-22966
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ple-funded-nonpartisan-online-new/description and here' a sample story that the other outlets aren't shinning the full light on. http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/201...paign-the-real-hastert-case-all-in-one-place/

Advertisement

bcrichster likes this.
  2. norb

norb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2016
    Has anyone even looked at the kick starter?

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    News organizations are not easy startups, and once you open the doors you still need to promote the organization and have newswires pick it up. It's very costly and labor-intensive, and success is far from guaranteed. I haven't looked at the kickstarter campaign and likely won't, as I don't bankroll such long-shots. There are independent news sites she can latch on to like TheBlaze and others... it seems that it would be a lot easier to do that than to start up a whole new organization. My 2¢

4. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2012
    Male
    Professional Smartass
    Las Vegas
    She'd have a lot more success if her case was more recent. I had to stretch back to remember what the FBI whistleblower case was.

You typically need to have money or a name to start a news organization. That's how the Blaze became so successful, because of Glenn Beck's popularity prior to starting the outlet. HuffPo became big because Ariana Huffington was a rich socialite.

5. norb

norb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2016
    The site is not about her case if that's what you were going.

What could she do to make her name bigger? Or get more exposure to what she is covering?

6. norb

norb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2016
    For some reason the edit button doesn't work. And she isn't going to latch onto to advertising controlled junk like the blaze. All that Alex Jones and Blaze crap is is the ultra right wing christian version of the msm. It is watered down disinfo crap meant for fools and zealots. Sibel is intersted in starting something more reputable and academic in nature. A real alternative news site. Not just a crappy platform for "the donald" and david icke and supplement sales.

7. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2012
    Male
    Professional Smartass
    Las Vegas
    I'm not talking about quality of content. I'm saying it will be hard to take off, because nobody knows who she is.

Nor did I imply that the site would be about her case. But if her case had happened this year or last year, more people would be familiar with who she is, ergo, she'd have more success.

8. norb

norb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2016
    Alright, how do you change that?