February security update starts hitting Samsung's flagship devices

ironass

Extreme Android User
Samsung has announced that it has started rolling out the latest Android security update patch for February to its major flagship models.

February security update starts hitting Samsung's flagship devices

I'm sure that there will be quite a few posters getting damp gussets, thinking that it is the update to Android 6.0.1, Marshmallow.

OK... sit back and wait for the posts. ;)

ironass

Extreme Android User
If you are on the Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1, firmware for the Global, G900F, model, you already have the February security patch. See screenshot...

jdailey1981

Android Enthusiast
I read on it before downloading. It is a security update, not only for Lollipop, but preparing the phone for Marshmallow, which is supposedly being released in March.

ironass

Extreme Android User
I read on it before downloading. It is a security update, not only for Lollipop, but preparing the phone for Marshmallow, which is supposedly being released in March.

Curious, how do you prepare a phone for Marshmallow. Unless it is Verizon and they are doing what AT&T did in their last update and expanded their system partition with a view to adding more bloatware with their future Marshmallow release. :eek:

ironass

Extreme Android User
The security patch for the worldwide, international, model, G900F, on Android 5.0 are rolling out on release PC3. No changelist increase, so, just a security patch.