• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fed up with this flashing nonsense.

jgreetham

May 3, 2010
So... I decided to give CyanogenMod one more try on my Vibrant. So ODIN back to factory setup, root, then flash CyanogenMod 7.x. Now I have no GPS and battery life is down the tubes. The 23 pages of instructions to fix the GPS take more turns than Formula 1. I'm still not sure about the battery fix.

So, this evening it's ODIN back to stock, update to 2.2 and reinstall all my apps. Again.

I did find one tidbit while researching the GPS thing - If you've done a backup of your T-Mobile system before flashing CM 7, there is no way to restore your backup without first doing ODIN back to factory. CM7 repartitions the system which hoses any of your earlier backups.

GPS on gingerbread has always been up in the air. The vast majority of the roms out there based on gingerbread has GPS that most likely will not work and a lot o them have poor battery life.

There is one rom in particular I always recommend to users on our forums and thats project V, its froyo 2.2 based but everything on it works, its fast and has awesome battery life.

Reactions: jgreetham
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones