1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Feedback on my app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by johngummadi, Jan 22, 2014.

1. johngummadi

johngummadi Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2014
    Male
    Guys,

I've recently developed an Android app for Google news (called "Gnews"). Can you please take a look, and give me suggestions on improvements?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.innovative.gnews

If you have anything negative to say, please let me know here than giving bad reviews in Google play-store. That way you give me an opportunity to fix them.

thank you!

John.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Tried it. Nice app - I'll probably keep it. No really negative comments, just questions.

I don't write Android apps, but I notice that if I hover the S Pen over an icon (like yours on the bottom) I get a hint. I don't with yours. Can that be added, so I don't have to hit the icon to see what it's for?

Also (again, I don't know the Android environment, and I don't know how you're getting your articles, but I do know web programming), if I widen an article, it doesn't reflow. I want larger text, but I don't want to have to do a horizontal scroll to read it. Is this due to the pages you're grabbing from being written so badly (web pages should reflow - it's 2014, not 1994), or are you just not allowing reflow on the content you get?

Both - hints and reflow - would really make it a better app.