• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Feedback sound changing

jkpuzo

Lurker
Jul 11, 2011
Im quite new in using android. I was thinking one day, can you change the beeping sound into for example the sounds in star trek computers. I mean is there anykinda app or other way to change the sound. Tried to search market for it but no luck. And when searching it in the forums I get close hits but not what im looking for.

Im quite new in using android. I was thinking one day, can you change the beeping sound into for example the sounds in star trek computers. I mean is there anykinda app or other way to change the sound. Tried to search market for it but no luck. And when searching it in the forums I get close hits but not what im looking for.

What sound are you talking about? Do you mean notification sounds? If so, use zedge, there are a lot of notification sounds and ringtones or even wallpapers to choose from, and it's free. :D

Upvote 0
Benefits are that you have more control over your phone, you can change things that you could not do without root access. Cons are if you dont know what you are doing you can mess up your phone.

Some of the touch sounds may be an unfamiliar format such as .mmr, sometimes these are just .wavs with a different extension. If your replacement sound comes out wrong, you may need to adjust the bit rate or something.
Yes they are .ogg I think you would have to convert your mp3 file for it to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones