• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fellow Bioni-teers: Post your homescreens

tehsusenoh

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2011
I'd love to see what everybody has done to their homescreens on their lovely Bionics. You can screenshot with this app (ShootMe, removed from the market because the reviews got the developer pissed) if rooted, or unrooted, with this guide.

I'll go first. I'm not rooted.

CFopv.png

Well then, this seems to be my first post as a Senior Member. Happy days.

I am using GO Launcher EX, default theme, with the Vortex Galaxy live wallpaper.

On the top is Elixir 2 Widget.
Then the toggle widgets (wifi, bluetooth, gps, and airplane mode).
Then is Google Music.
On the bottom right is the Circle Battery Widget, the only one I can find to accurately give me a battery percentage to 1 percent. It's normally, white, but it turns a yellow-green when it's being charged, orange when under 30%, then red under 10%.

Upvote 0
I am using GO Launcher EX, default theme, with the Vortex Galaxy live wallpaper.

Then is Google Music.
On the bottom right is the Circle Battery Widget, the only one I can find to accurately give me a battery percentage to 1 percent. It's normally, white, but it turns a yellow-green when it's being charged, orange when under 30%, then red under 10%.

Thanks for the Battery Widget, going to give Elixir a try as well.:)

Upvote 0
I'm getting the runaround from the SDK about installing properly - not going according to instruction in the guide. :( I'll try later when I'm more awake.

I'm surprised that with 2.3.4 we can't take screenshots. Power+home doesn't turn the thing off, but it doesn't capture either.

Upvote 0

Then is Google Music.

Thanks! I had not heard of Go Launcher EX, but downloaded it and after checking out this video I learned how to use it! This is AWESOME!

Android Apps In Depth - 02 - Go Launcher EX - YouTube

Upvote 0
21910d1315752919-fellow-bioni-teers-post-your-homescreens-bionic.jpg

Stock Launcher (for now)

Beautiful Widgets (clock/weather)

(Top Row - left to right)
- Speed Dials (from the 'Dialer One' app)
- Audio Profiles (shortcut to my audio profiles)
- K-9 Mail (for my GMail, and other person email accts)
- Stock Email app (for Exchange mail)

(Bottom Row - left to right)
- Stock Phone app (for now ... may switch to 'Dialer One' app)
- Handcent (awesome messaging app)
- Dolphin HD (browser)

Attachments

• Bionic.jpg
    Bionic.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 952
Upvote 0
how did u change the stock messaging icon to the handscent one? I hate how we cant take the bottom 4 icons off or change them
21910d1315752919-fellow-bioni-teers-post-your-homescreens-bionic.jpg

Stock Launcher (for now)

Beautiful Widgets (clock/weather)

(Top Row - left to right)
- Speed Dials (from the 'Dialer One' app)
- Audio Profiles (shortcut to my audio profiles)
- K-9 Mail (for my GMail, and other person email accts)
- Stock Email app (for Exchange mail)

(Bottom Row - left to right)
- Stock Phone app (for now ... may switch to 'Dialer One' app)
- Handcent (awesome messaging app)
- Dolphin HD (browser)

Upvote 0
You can change any of the bottom icons, just long press on them.
Wtf mine wont been trying it since day 1!nope when i long press my bottom 4 (phone,messaging,camera,apps drawer, they just pop up a screen that says add to dock.
Also those same 4 follow through all 5 of the homescreens.Scrolling left to right through all screens and all 4 follow.

Upvote 0
Great thread. Thanks for doing this. I love seeing what everybody's done and downloaded. I'm in the process of trying to drain my battery right now and have everything turned on and running, but when I can figure out how to do this, I will contribute mine. But here's a question: WHICH home screen do you wanna see? ;-) I have three configured so far and working on a fourth. And I keep messing with it... and, of course, now that I've seen everyone else's and learned about some cool new apps and widgets, I'm going to mess some more, I'm sure... LOL. Plus, I have to swap two of the pages completely because I want different stuff on the "main" home screen!

Edit: OK, nevermind. I am not smart or techie enough to do all that SDK stuff. So I probably won't be sharing a screenshot. :-( Too bad. It's cool. LOLOL!

Reactions: tehsusenoh
Upvote 0
I'm definitely a minimalist when it comes to homescreens. I like it simple.

I'm rooted but still using the stock launcher at the moment. I was using LPP on my OG Droid but so far I like the stock launcher though I do miss my scrolling bar at the bottom.

I had been using Beautiful Widgets and still do for some of the other widget toggles but I wanted to try something different with the Bionic and so far, I've settled on the Advanced Clock Widget Pro and like the simplicity of it.

rossman26-albums-bionic-picture4153-cap201109121221.png

Upvote 0
Ok, DroCap2 worked, so here we go, nothing too fancy!

CAP201109121242.png

GO Weather
Normal Calendar
Circle Battery Widget

Top Row L-R:
GMail
Dolphin HD
Market

Bottom Row L-R
Normal Dialer
Handcent
Vignette

BTW, I have other crap on other screens, I'll post em in a little bit. Also, I have LTE turned off. I only turn it on when Im out and about and need to D/L something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones