1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Female Google Now voice UK?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shaneydroid, Aug 15, 2012.

1. shaneydroid

shaneydroid Well-Known Member

Anyone know how?
    I have a male voice with a British accent and I am able to change it to a female voice but with an American accent (still an improvement) but I cannot work out how to get a female British accent (preferably East Anglian :) )

2. Arbab

Arbab Lurker

Sorry but I want to change mine from the male English voice to the American womans voice. How did you do it?

3. shaneydroid

Turns out I got that wrong. I can change it in language options but in the Google now settings it doesn't change the voice. Still gives me a blokes voice :(

4. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

Go to Settings -> Language & Input

Scroll down to Text-to-Speech output and tap

Tap the sliders nex to Google Text-to-Speech

Tap Language

Select English (United States)

5. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

OP, those are your only two voice options for english. Male for British and female for American.

6. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Will loading Ivona change the voice in Google Now? I have it on my phone, but haven't bothered on my N7 because of file size. I like Kendra and Amy.

7. shaneydroid

No, there are options for Australian, Canadian etc in Google Now but they all give me the male British voice.

In text to speech I can only get US English (female) and British English (male). Even though other languages are installed, it only gives me those two options and playing an example gives female for US and male for British.
    Of course I realised later the text to speech has nothing to do with Google Now and presumably, installing more languages will make no difference to it either.

The strange thing is, before the N7 was released I read a lot of references to Google Now in Jelly Bean having a female voice?

8. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

I rather like him

9. TobesEtc

TobesEtc Android Enthusiast

My Google maps voice is usually female but occasionally gives one direction in a male voice and then goes female again. Maybe my Android wants to be a TV...

(TV...get it? Television or Transve...Never mind).

RossFixxed likes this.