1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Few Issues with Carbon ROM (4.4)

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by BjornX, Dec 31, 2013.

1. BjornX

BjornX Guest

Hi there

i have a few issues with my custom ROM's, it's my first time rooting/using custom ROM's but after alot of screwing around i came to this.

I threw off my Cyanogenmod 11.0 and replaced it with the latest Carbon ROM but i'm having the same issues as i had with CM so i decided to ask them here.
    My phone is a galaxy s3 mini GT-I8900 (Belgium, telenet carrier).

Both ROM's did not come with the play store and when i try to install the play store from a apk file i downloaded the application just crashes instantly when i try to boot it, i looked into the depths of the internet for solutions but i have none of the things that could cause it, does anyone have any idea? I do not want the install gapps since that will work (did it on CM) but then all the google crap is on my phone again and i raither keep it clean.

Second, i can't seem to get my 3G to work, on my factory build i had an easy on/off button that did it's job, now i have to go to settings to activate it but even then it will not work, i will get this message that my dataconnection is disconnected because i left my homenetwork while my dataroaming was off, Wtf? 0.o

If anyone can help me with this, i will be eternally gratefull, i raither not go back to android 4.2.1 even though kitkat is causing me headaches --'

Regards

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download