1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Few issues with my Android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CurtisAndroid5, Aug 11, 2011.

1. CurtisAndroid5

None

Jul 2, 2011
    College
    United Kingdom
    Hello, recently I've noticed a few issues with my Samsung galaxy europa (5) and I'm wondering if you you guys can help me out! first issue is battery life- it has started to die VERY fast, my cell standby is on 70%, I click it and I've got 50% without signal which is confusing as I always have a strong 3G signal and text/call with no problems! 2nd issue is my phone keeps vibrating every now and again in a specific pattern (buzz, 3 second gap, buzz buzz) it will happen maybe once every 30 mins but only if I am using my phone.
    Sorry for lack of paragraphing and small spelling/grammatical errors I'm on my iPod!
    Thank you very much.

Advertisement

2. GalaxyEuropa

GalaxyEuropa Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    London, UK
    i have the same phone the battery is not very good and sometimes it only lasts a day or even less but i am making calls, texts and sending and receiving emails. Theres little things which are possible to improve battery life, change brightness settings on display, disable 3g/4g connections etc... The second questions i dont fully understand your problem, but if it has been vibrating you are able to turn of Haptic feedback if that helps? my galaxy europa used to vibrate when it had an error in a background running program.

CurtisAndroid5 likes this.
  3. CurtisAndroid5

None

Jul 2, 2011
    College
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, the battery has never been an issue its just recently it has started to die in under 5 minutes from a full charge- ive did the airplane mode trick and it looks like it has worked! Secondly ive turn of Haptic Feedback just then so hopefully that may fix it- its just an annoying vibrate, vibrate vibrate but with a few seconds in between it, i think it may just be an error in a background app like you said but ive reset my phone and that didnt fix it, ah well, thanks again for your help, looks like you have fixed my phone!

UPDATE---

The vibrating is still occuring, it normally happens when my phone stops responding/freezes for a few seconds then the vibrating occurs, it doesnt cause any issues but its annoying and it happens when im in college or asleep :(

I appreciate your help- also if you're not busy could you pm me some instructions/guide on how to Flash my Europa to 2.3? Its already rooted with UniversalAndroot with SuperuserPermissions installed, thats about it though hehe:')

4. GalaxyEuropa

GalaxyEuropa Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    London, UK
    The vibrating while your sleeping is odd must be a background program which is having an issue....strange

this rom im running now is from madteam and the instructions are all avaliable on their site. just type 'madteam dev' on google and its like the third page. i would not recommend it though just yet, its a beta version and is not recommended for daily use. im using it daily and its far from ready i have just had to do a data wipe and restore just an hour ago. the performance is impressive on the phone quadrant score is now 1641 where as when using froyo rom it was under 600 and the processor is now running at 770Mhz. If you need anymore help on installation of this rom Private msg me :D