• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Few problems with my HTC sensation

Hello all,

I've noticed a few issues with my HTC sensation and I'm wondering what I can do to optimise the battery life. So far the battery life has been pretty poor, my iPhone 4 got better battery life than this phone and the iPhone has pretty poor battery life :mad: I'm wondering what you guys are all doing to optimise yours? I have switched from iOS so Android is a new ball game for me...

Also, when I switch my phone into Silent Mode, somehow it randomly turns itself back onto Normal mode and starts making noises again! What's the deal? Great phone but a few niggles I need ironing out...

Thanks,
Carl :)

First of all you need to calibrate the battery well. Do this by doing 4 or 5 full charges and discharges in a row. Charge on the mains with the phone switched off over night for at least 6 or 7 hours and then use untill phone switches off during calibration. NOTE: make sure fast boot is also OFF, so the phone is actually off and not hibernating.

I only have weather set to sync. All other apps such as HTC Sence, gmail, email app, facebook etc I set to update every few hours or manual.

Turn off Tell HTC. settings>about phone>Tell HTC - uncheck both boxes.

With the stock HTC battery and Stock 2.3.4 ROM I easily get a full waking day (17 hours) of moderate to heavy usage, thats with 4 - 5 hours of screen on time. Including loads of web browsing, checking emails, some music streaming, maybe some youtube, loads of texts, maybe a few calls and a little gaming.

With light usage I got 8 hours before the battery dropped below 100%. Thats with 25 minutes of screen on time (thats a little web browsing and a few texts). See pic below, taken just after it dropped to 98% past the 8 hour mark ...

Attachments

• 2011-09-02_03-59-36.jpg
    2011-09-02_03-59-36.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones