1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Few problems with my HTC sensation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carlm, Sep 2, 2011.

1. carlm

carlm Lurker

Hello all,

I've noticed a few issues with my HTC sensation and I'm wondering what I can do to optimise the battery life. So far the battery life has been pretty poor, my iPhone 4 got better battery life than this phone and the iPhone has pretty poor battery life :mad: I'm wondering what you guys are all doing to optimise yours? I have switched from iOS so Android is a new ball game for me...

Also, when I switch my phone into Silent Mode, somehow it randomly turns itself back onto Normal mode and starts making noises again! What's the deal? Great phone but a few niggles I need ironing out...

Thanks,
    Carl :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. master_yoda

master_yoda Android Enthusiast

First of all you need to calibrate the battery well. Do this by doing 4 or 5 full charges and discharges in a row. Charge on the mains with the phone switched off over night for at least 6 or 7 hours and then use untill phone switches off during calibration. NOTE: make sure fast boot is also OFF, so the phone is actually off and not hibernating.

I only have weather set to sync. All other apps such as HTC Sence, gmail, email app, facebook etc I set to update every few hours or manual.

Turn off Tell HTC. settings>about phone>Tell HTC - uncheck both boxes.

With the stock HTC battery and Stock 2.3.4 ROM I easily get a full waking day (17 hours) of moderate to heavy usage, thats with 4 - 5 hours of screen on time. Including loads of web browsing, checking emails, some music streaming, maybe some youtube, loads of texts, maybe a few calls and a little gaming.

With light usage I got 8 hours before the battery dropped below 100%. Thats with 25 minutes of screen on time (thats a little web browsing and a few texts). See pic below, taken just after it dropped to 98% past the 8 hour mark ...

Attached Files:

3. carlm

carlm Lurker

Excellent, thanks for posting that advice. I'll give that a try, I have only just got the phone so I think a fresh install and optimising it from the beginning will be better. I'll do the charging thing to.

Your battery life is certainly better than mine at present.

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews