• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

few questions on thunderbolt

sometimes it will say i have 3G connection, yet i wont be able to open an internet based app because it says I have no connection and should retry, whats up with that?

also, how do i download new keyboard types

Sometimes you may been in an area where there's not a solid connection. It happens to me when I drive through a bad cell area.

You can d/l many different keyboards from the market. I have 5-6 different ones, but find myself using the gingerbread keyboard the most

Upvote 0
thanks dude. i type in swype keyboard in the marketplace and i dont find anything, but ill keep looking. i appreciate it

I've been having 3g problems as well. I wasn't getting 3g service in an area, and my friend who has a thunderbolt was. I couldn't get 3g service anywhere and when 3g did display, there was no connection. I talked to Verizon and they replaced my phone. However, I am having the same problem again. As for swype, you can't download it via the market. You have to go to swype's website and follow the instructions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones