• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Few Questions....

Papaniz

Lurker
Dec 19, 2010
Hi there,

I just rooted my HTC Legend, and have a few questions. I got a notification that my phone needs to upgrade to the latest software version, but, I downgraded my version to root my phone, is it okay to update my phone now? Or should I keep it as is? I did not update yet, because I did not want to take my chances. Since my phone is rooted is it unlocked? Can I put a different SIM card and it will work? Or do I need to do something else for that? Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Papaniz
Upvote 0
Hi thanks for the help, I just want to know that if I do install one of these Roms, can I upgrade a software upgrade in the future without having to install another Rom? For example if a new update of Android comes out, I can just upgrade from one of those Roms without having to install a different Froyo Rom?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones