1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Few quick questions (:

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alec92, Dec 4, 2011.

1. alec92

alec92 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Hey guys,

My iPhone 3GS is starting to self-destruct just after the 12 month warranty expired, just as all my previous iPhones have.

I'm going to get an SGSii in the next few days, but have a couple quick questions...

1) Any good recommendations for cases to suit the Galaxy S2? I have always used BestSkinsEver for my iPhones, which I like for the front, but they don't do much for the rear and sides. I don't really care about price, I just want something good for the rear and sides which isn't too bulky.
    2) I'll probably end up getting a BestSkinsEver for the front at least.. But the BSE website has so many models for the SGSii including the AT&T, Sprint, Skyrocket, T-Mobile and European model. Since I'm in Australia and my phone is definitely not going to be one of the first four, would mine come under the European model?
    3) I know there are a lot of customisation options for them in terms of software.. What are the essentials?
    4) A quick Google reveals that FIFA 12 isn't available for Android.. Why why why why why EA Sports??!!!! That's the only thing I like about my iPhone haha. Has anyone heard any plans about it being released on Android phones?

Thanks in advance! :)

Advertisement

2. alec92

alec92 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    actually here's another question... How do I transfer all my contacts, messages and emails to the SGS2 from my iPhone?

Cheers

3. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2011
    Owner
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sync you iPhone with MS Outlook, Install Samsung Kies. Kies will sync Outlook to your SG2.

Check out the CaseMate "Barely There" case. I love it for both my SG2 and my 4S

4. alec92

alec92 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Thanks heaps. Here's another question...

What size memory card do they take? And if I use the 16GB internal storage and the space on the memory card will the phone be a lot slower? Am I better to put most of my music/photos on the MC or the phone to make it run better? Also, is there any specific MC which are the best to use?

Cheers

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    The gs2 supports upto 64gb micro sd. I wouldn't say using the phones internal sd slows it down too much. I've used pretty much all of the 11gb usb storage and mine still runs nice and quick.

6. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2011
    Owner
    Jacksonville, FL
    I tend to keep my information and data on the external micro SD. I do not think it matters too much as far as speed of the phone.

You are moving from an under powered device to one with lots of processing power and need not worry too much about limitations.