1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root fg11 update to loota's sprintstock fails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jbyrkit, Aug 8, 2012.

1. jbyrkit

jbyrkit Member

May 26, 2012
    I have a rooted stock FD11 tu from loota's sprintstock cwm backup.

After getting the fg11 update for sprint message, I decided to flash loota's sprintstock (along with the stock recovery) and let it complete the update...but it fails. After verifying the update and restarting, I get a screen that says "FOTA Updating" and "do not turn off target"...the progress bar gets to 20%, then it restarts, then the recovery screen appears, with a progress bar, about halfway through, the exclamation point in a triangle appears and then it restarts. Checking the system it still says FD11. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Male
    Unemployed Medical Field Service Engineer
    Rockland, NY
    I don't have a sprint phone but I will attempt this on my aunts phone when I see her again. Can anyone else with a sprint phone chime in on this whether it worked or not?

3. xaelith

xaelith Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Electronics assembly
    Utah
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to try until the weekend. My schedule is such that about all I have time for during the week is work and sleep. :eek:

4. davidcramer

davidcramer Member

May 10, 2011
    my boost mobile phone is doing this to i was thinking it might be because i have root

5. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Male
    Rockland, NY
    So I attempted this on my aunts phone on wednessday, used the old 2.3.6 unroot, uncwm sprint rom and updated from the update zip I copied from /cache/ to /sdcard/ It did not hang up at any point HOWEVER it only updated the baseband the first time not the OS. A second update did update the OS.

6. xaelith

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Electronics assembly
    Utah
    Just used Loota's SPRINTSTOCK to revert back for the update (didn't realize you had to unzip it to /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup, and then restore under CWM), and my phone updated with no issues on the first try...screenshots to follow soon.

EDIT: Oops...just read a little further through Loota's thread...he does mention that you have to use backup/restore...many apologies :eek:

7. xaelith

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Electronics assembly
    Utah
    Ok, sorry for the delay. Took a minute to restore, re-backup my phone, and find a screen capture app that actually worked as advertised.

Anyway, here are the screenshots, as promised. :) In shot_000002, it would say the build is GINGERBREAD.FG11 as well instead of BobzHome v2.1, but the phone was agonizingly slow without OC. :rolleyes:

I'll be uploading a stock-rooted+ backup with the FG11, if anyone's interested.

Attached Files:

8. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Male
    Rockland, NY
    Tooo Slow!

9. xaelith

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Electronics assembly
    Utah
    Hahahaha, ok you got me. Still, if anyone's interested, pm me. I think I've mooched off the community enough, it's high time I pay my dues. ;)

EDIT: Dang...looks like I should've thought ahead a little, and created the stock image BEFORE restoring my phone. Ah well, c'est la vie. I'll get it one way or another.