• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fiasco activating a Galaxy S4

I was about to upgrade my LG Optimus F6 to a Samsung Galaxy S4 as I was fed up with the 1.27GB of storage on the F6.

My wife and myself both have F6's and decided to upgrade to a couple of Galaxy S4's. We found the metroPCS S4 on Amazon for under $400, so we went to order 2 phones. At checkout our shipping address was not recognized as being in the US. We live in Arizona. We tried for Amazon to clear this up for 2 weeks without any success. I looked up the S4 on BestBuy (they match price with Amazon) and went to our local store to order 2 of them as they didn't have any in stock. They had to get them fron another store. The other store screwed up and only sent one phone, so had to get another from a different store. This is now week 4 in the process. I went to BestBuy to pick up and pay for the phones. My wife's phone activated ok, but mine couldn't be activated. metroPCS said it was a bad IMEI. The BestBuy store called yet another store to get another S4. Its now week 5 and the phone came in. Went there today and guess what... the same fiasco all over again. metroPCS said that the phone was not scanned into the BestBuy system. That's BS. They are now going to get yet another S4 and try again. Why should they give a crap if the store scanned it in to their inventory. I shure don't care. Why should they. I just want to get this S4 activated.

If it makes you feel any better, I ran into this bad imei # BS with BB and Metro **2 YEARS AGO** with my Motion. (3 phones ago!!)

I was on a 3 way call with BB, Metro and myself. The tone I got at that time from the Metro person was that this was BB's issue not theirs. They were Adamant that the bad imei number phone be returned to BB and not activated. After 4 hrs and 2 trips to BB, I had no phone (returned) but an active Metro number and account. I made the 70 mile RT drive the next day to the nearest Corporate store to get another Motion and it activated.

This sure sounds like a BB issue to me. I don't think even Metro would keep this situation still screwed up over a 2 year period of time.

Best Buy? Yep, this sounds about par for the course for them. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones