1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

File manager issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kostas79, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Kostas79

Kostas79 Lurker

When writing an email from android app, trying to attach a file, pushing attach button - link takes me to the File Manager app... There several filter icons located on the top Audio, Video, Photo, Large files... I used to have a Documents icon alto there.. Now it is lost. How can I recover it??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you can also do it from reverse. go to your picture and locate the 3 dots(i don't have your phone so it vould be different) or look for the share icon. you can then locate your email app and use that to send an email with your photo.

it looks like you can move the top part and scroll thru until you find the documents option. but again i do not have your phone, so i can't be positive.

and you last option is to get a better file manager that allows you to locate the document ab be able to share it via email.

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  3. Kostas79

Kostas79 Lurker

Thanks
    Thanks a lot, all the recommendations you gave, are already tried. I belive the issue is a bit bigger and dipper. Just the Documents shortcuts was located next to Video and Audio icons, now its gone, need to find way restore it

4. ocnbrze

just use a different file manager.

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  5. Kostas79

Kostas79 Lurker

Its not me who is deciding which app to use, its the default app of the phone, system is using that automatically

6. ocnbrze

no i mean do the reverse. use a file manager to locate the file and then share it via email. should be just as easy to do.

7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Choose the upper left area of that screen shot, the 3 line hamburger, and choose your new file manager app, then find your file from there and attach as needed.
    Now I see what you are dealing with.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. Kostas79

Kostas79 Lurker

Sure its possible to do so, also there are many other ways to find needed file to attach, I need to fix exactly this error in my phone. Sometimes I am starting writing a mail, and then I need to attach a file to that, so its needed to have appropriate filters

9. Dannydet

Also I'm afraid that your stock file manager may have been updated, which is omitting the documents tab altogether....

ocnbrze and puppykickr like this.
  10. Kostas79

Kostas79 Lurker

A bit strange why there is a filter icon for video, audio, photo etc.. And only Documents is gone after update

11. ocnbrze

are you sure you can't scroll thru the list where it says images, audio, video....etc? it looks like you should be able to scroll thru the list.

Dannydet likes this.
  12. Kostas79

Kostas79 Lurker

Do you really think that I created this help post without checking all possible ways to fix issue myself? :) scrolling the line is the easiest solution, belive me I did much more other tries

Dannydet likes this.
  13. ocnbrze

well i don't know you and you never mentioned you did this.......just trying to help:p

and looking at the photo, it does have the document folder right there. don't know what else you need. it is just not at the top any more.

Dannydet likes this.
  14. Kostas79

Kostas79 Lurker

Which photo you mean? Mine is on the begining of this conversation, the one you see with document icon is posted not by me

15. ocnbrze

ok you never mentioned that is not your screenshot. can you post a screenshot of your phone?

Dannydet likes this.
  16. Dannydet

Yeah, that changes everything. We need to see a screen shot of YOUR screen, otherwise we're grasping for straws here...

ocnbrze likes this.
  17. Kostas79

Kostas79 Lurker

Which screenshot you are talking about??? I attached only one, its on the top of this discussion. Two other pics were added by another conversation member. Here is mine again

Attached Files:

18. ocnbrze

I see a document folder.......just select it and your file will show up.

Dannydet likes this.
  19. Dannydet

Correct, it's not across the top as you want, but the choice is available for you.

ocnbrze likes this.

POCOPHONE F1 Forum

The POCOPHONE F1 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.18" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews