1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General File Signatures

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Extrinsic, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Extrinsic

Extrinsic Newbie
    None

Nov 11, 2012
    Male
    Caregiver
    The Third Ring of Hell
    I just ran across this, and thought it might be useful...? It's called Checkey and this is what it said on Google Play:

Checkey is a utility for getting information about the APKs that are installed on your device. Starting with a list of all of the apps that you have installed on your device, it will show you the APK signature with a single touch, and provides links to virustotal.com and androidobservatory.org to easily access the profiles of that APK. It will also let you export the signing certificate and generate ApkSignaturePin pin files for use with the TrustedIntents library.

Now I know not a whole lot about .apk files or file signatures and the like, but I do know file signatures keep me from flashing anything to my ridiculous, urootable phone (ZTE Speed). I thought I would ask about it here since there are some brilliant minds around that do know about these things. My question is: can this Checkey app somehow assist in passing signature check and flashing something through the stupid default recovery. I am guessing that it won't.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    If you are in recovery mode then you are not running Android. So an Android app isn't going to stop the recovery module checking the keys on whatever software you want it to flash. And I really, really doubt it will be able to generate a valid ZTE software signature and sign your mod so the stock recovery can install it.

codesplice and lunatic59 like this.
  3. Extrinsic

Extrinsic Newbie
    None

Nov 11, 2012
    Male
    Caregiver
    The Third Ring of Hell
    Fair enough, and I guess I knew that but I was hoping that it was possible because there are no options with this phone. I miss root awesomeness. Customizing ROMs, making boot animations, removing dreadful system bloat. I have these wonderful dreams where I smash this phone with a hammer....