1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Tips File transfer app, WiFi Explorer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wildblue, Sep 5, 2010.

1. wildblue

wildblue Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Found an app that's very useful. It's called WiFi Explorer (Pro). It allows navigating the folders and files of the phone from a web browser on a PC on the local wifi network, and upload/downloading files. You start the app on the phone, put in the IP address of the phone as a URL and bingo. Much simpler than plugging and unplugging cables, or the ftp apps I've tried. There's a free demo version that only allows file transfers one way, and the Pro version is only $1.00. So far it's worked perfectly.

WiFi File Explorer PRO v1.1.0 Application for Android | Tools

(I do know about EStrongs and the other file explorer apps, but wasn't ever able to get them to see my PC file shares.)

Advertisement

2. wearespacepeople

wearespacepeople Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Cool. I will check it out.

3. Th3Coog

Th3Coog Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Student
    Oak Park, CA
    I love this. Worked perfectly! I may get the pro version to file transfer the other way but is there some other app that others use that is better? Very curious.

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    If you're at a desktop and simply want to do a fast drop to the phone take a look at Awesome Drop:

Awesome Drop (File Sync) - Android app on AppBrain

It's not for syncing but it's handy.

There's a Bluetooth file transfer app as well but I haven't used it.

Bluetooth File Transfer - Android app on AppBrain

5. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    If you leave this program open and pull up a website on your phone, will the website appear on your computer?