• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

File Transfer between Galaxy S3 and PC via Wi-Fi

heptagram

Oct 15, 2014
Greetings!

This question might seem silly, but can somebody, please, guide me step-by-step through the process of beaming files between ASUS U35JC and GT-I9300, and vice-versa?

I installed SuperBeam, but am not sure whether it can be used for file transfer without having to pay for a PRO version (which I currently cannot afford due to lack of a credit card).

Bluetooth is too slow and I don't have a dongle on the laptop.

Please, be polite.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,
heptagram.

I am a big fan of Moborobo. It's a great bit of software for smartphone management (both Android & iOS!) and it's completely free.

It does everything Kies does and a whole load more; one of the many additional things it does is set up a WiFi connection between your phone and any PC on your network.

Moborobo makes it really easy by displaying a QR code on the PC monitor which you scan with your phone (no scanning software required); once you've scanned the QR (you only have to do this the first time) it sorts out all the settings, installs the required client software on your phone and you're ready to go.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your responses!

I apologize if my questions seem annoying, I am a smartphone-newbie indeed.

I successfully installed MoboRobo on my laptop, but when tried to install MoboDaemon by the smartphone it redirects me to a link, which downloads an HDV_#.mp4 file (that doesn't even play). I tried installing Mobo Daemon on my smartphone through the laptop itself, by a program called "MoboRobo installer", but after connecting the U35JC to the GT-I9500 via USB and clicking on "Install" button, the installer says "Please, connect your device to PC!"...:thinking:

I then tried to use Es File Explorer. It looks as a thorough file manager, but I can't seem to find a way to connect the smartphone to the laptop via Wi-Fi.

What am I doing wrong, and which app for Wi-Fi file transfer between PC and SP (smartphone) would you use if you were in my shoes?

Sincerely,
heptagram.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your responses!

I apologize if my questions seem annoying, I am a smartphone-newbie indeed.

I successfully installed MoboRobo on my laptop, but when tried to install MoboDaemon by the smartphone it redirects me to a link, which downloads an HDV_#.mp4 file (that doesn't even play). I tried installing Mobo Daemon on my smartphone through the laptop itself, by a program called "MoboRobo installer", but after connecting the U35JC to the GT-I9500 via USB and clicking on "Install" button, the installer says "Please, connect your device to PC!"...:thinking:

I then tried to use Es File Explorer. It looks as a thorough file manager, but I can't seem to find a way to connect the smartphone to the laptop via Wi-Fi.

What am I doing wrong, and which app for Wi-Fi file transfer between PC and SP (smartphone) would you use if you were in my shoes?

Sincerely,
heptagram.

Easiest= airdroid. Get the app from the playstore. On your PC, if you use chrome browser, there is a chrome app in the chrome web app store. If you don't use chrome on your laptop, just go to airdroid.com. its simple.
Or if you want to use es file explorer, just open it and swipe left. Then at the bottom tap " scan" and wait until it finds your computer. Or you can have it give you an ftp address to type into your windows file explorer and it will just show up like another folder with server enabled.

Upvote 0
I successfully installed MoboRobo on my laptop, but when tried to install MoboDaemon by the smartphone it redirects me to a link, which downloads an HDV_#.mp4 file (that doesn't even play).

As far as I remember you don't have to install anything on your smartphone manually; once you've got MoboRobo up and running on your laptop, just connect via USB the first time and the software should install whatever it needs automatically.

After you have connected via cable successfully just unplug the phone and you should find that MoboDaemon is installed; open it on your phone and slide the pages left to right until you get to the page that has a start button on it. Click the start button and it will offer you the option to scan the QR code from the screen. Once you scan this code it will take care of all the settings for you and connect to your laptop using WiFi.

You can then use the file manager in Moborobo on your laptop to access the files on your phone.

Phone and laptop need to be on the same network i.e. connected to the same router. If your laptop is not connected to a router then you may have to go about things a different way.

How do your laptop and smartphone connect to the internet? Via a router?

Upvote 0
As far as I remember you don't have to install anything on your smartphone manually; once you've got MoboRobo up and running on your laptop, just connect via USB the first time and the software should install whatever it needs automatically.

After you have connected via cable successfully just unplug the phone and you should find that MoboDaemon is installed; open it on your phone and slide the pages left to right until you get to the page that has a start button on it. Click the start button and it will offer you the option to scan the QR code from the screen. Once you scan this code it will take care of all the settings for you and connect to your laptop using WiFi.

You can then use the file manager in Moborobo on your laptop to access the files on your phone.

Phone and laptop need to be on the same network i.e. connected to the same router. If your laptop is not connected to a router then you may have to go about things a different way.

How do your laptop and smartphone connect to the internet? Via a router?

The cable from the ISP goes into a switch and then into a Wi-Fi router, I think.

Upvote 0
The cable from the ISP goes into a switch and then into a Wi-Fi router, I think.

By the sound of it your smartphone and laptop are on the same network. Then MoboRobo should work fine; are you still having problems?

From what I know about Airdroid maybe you'll find that an easier way to connect.

Have you still not succeeded with any of the methods suggested?

Upvote 0
By the sound of it your smartphone and laptop are on the same network. Then MoboRobo should work fine; are you still having problems?

From what I know about Airdroid maybe you'll find that an easier way to connect.

Have you still not succeeded with any of the methods suggested?

Thanks for your suggestions! I successfully used airdroid and now just have to get used with it. Case closed.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones