• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

File Transfer from Micro SD Card

I am trying to find an app that will enable me to copy or move files FROM a micro SD card to a folder in my tablet's internal drive. I have found a number of apps, which can go TO a card, but none that can go in the direction that I want. It would be help if this file manager could also create a folder on the internal drive and create a desktop icon.

Can anyone recommend an app?

Regards...John

Tablet: Realpad # MAZBX2

Any, and I do mean any, file browser/manager/explorer can create a folder in internal storage and copy files to it. So what's the catch here, why doesn't this work for you? Are you trying to put the file in a particular location (which might be protected)? There must be something you've not said (perhaps not realised is important), or else there is something very odd about your device.

(I don't know about icons on the desktop - that is not how I organise things so I've never looked at what apps offer that).

Reactions: Dannydet and lvt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones