• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

File Transfer on S6? ? From a mac ?

Hi all,
I recently got the Galaxy S6 and for the most part I like it. Especially going from having a Motorola Droid X and X2 lol. Before that I had an S3 and I had no problem transferring music and files to it or the Droids. With the S6 I can't do any of the previous methods.

1 ) I can't drag and drop because my mac doesn't recognize it and I made sure the USB connection was set to MTP.
2) I can't use Samsung Kies with the S6 apparently
3) I can't use Android file Transfer, it says "Could not connect to device Try reconnecting or restarting your device." Nothing changes if reconnect or restart

I could use Bluetooth but it's too slow for me or I could use my phone as WiFi hub but I don't want to use data.

Basically, all the traditional methods to put music and files on my phone are not working!
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Please help! Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones