1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

File Transfer Stifled by Asus File Manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bobsterzoid, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Bobsterzoid

Bobsterzoid Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2017
    I long for the days when I could plug my tablet into the computer and transfer files in any quantity (including directories) as I pleased. My Asus tablet File Manager insists that I be on wifi and limits file transfer in ways that interfere with work pretty badly.

Can anyone tell me how to overcome the file manager and get control? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is super inconvenient.

I've done a lot of googling and gotten nowhere.

Advertisement

2. Leon Marco

Leon Marco Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2017
    If you have connected your tablet to the PC then why aren't you managing/transferring files using the file manager in the PC?

mikedt likes this.
  3. Bobsterzoid

Bobsterzoid Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2017
    Wow, Leon, I just went to get screen shots of the reaction that I was getting when I tried to open the device, but this time, there was no problem. Weird, because I've tried several times in the past with same result of the device not showing its contents or allowing transfers. It had it's own special icon in the File Explorer view. That is not there this time! Now it's an image of a device labled "P00C."

I have no idea what is different this time! I can see the files, and transfer files, just like with a thumb drive.

There is a dialog box that comes up, when I first plug the Zenpad tablet into the computer via USB, that asks if it's okay to "allow file transfer" with trusted computers. I wonder if I had not seen this the other times. I'm pretty sure that I did. I had let this issue sit for a few months after getting fed up trying to find an answer, and now, poof, no problem.

I'm mystified, but happy and hoping that things continue this way!

4. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    I have 2 newish Asus tablets... I just plug in the USB cable and go....