• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help File transfer w/USB cable

I have FT3 w/Tims5a ROM update, and I cannot figure out how to transfer files from my laptop to my tablet by USB cable. I did it once before several months ago, but now it doesn't see that I have a USB cable attached. I have checked the USB port with a USB thumb drive to make sure that it works, and it recognized it, and played a movie off of it. I do have USB debugging turned on also.

Are you sure it was working?

The software drivers for USB 2 OTG determining whether to go upstream or downstream would be problematic I would reckon for the tablet.

As Rabid1 suggests, if the ports are indeed simple hosts - then bi-directional functionality to determine which device would be host & slave would be a problem - yes?

Upvote 0
No I'm not sure that it was working actually. Haha. It wasn't this tablet that I did the file transfer on. I had an older version, with Android 2.1 on it that I did the file transfer with. I can't remember what I did, but I remember transfering a movie onto the tablet that way. But I just took it for granted that if I did that on an older version of the tablet, that I would be able to do the same on the newer tablet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones