1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

File transfer w/USB cable

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davidlb512, Sep 19, 2011.

1. davidlb512

davidlb512 Newbie

I have FT3 w/Tims5a ROM update, and I cannot figure out how to transfer files from my laptop to my tablet by USB cable. I did it once before several months ago, but now it doesn't see that I have a USB cable attached. I have checked the USB port with a USB thumb drive to make sure that it works, and it recognized it, and played a movie off of it. I do have USB debugging turned on also.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rabid1

Rabid1 Android Enthusiast

According to the specs it should be able to do it at all. The ports are set up as simple hosts. I have tried using ADB and an adapter but Windows doesn't recognize the device even being plugged in.

3. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Android Enthusiast

Are you sure it was working?

The software drivers for USB 2 OTG determining whether to go upstream or downstream would be problematic I would reckon for the tablet.

As Rabid1 suggests, if the ports are indeed simple hosts - then bi-directional functionality to determine which device would be host & slave would be a problem - yes?

4. davidlb512

davidlb512 Newbie

No I'm not sure that it was working actually. Haha. It wasn't this tablet that I did the file transfer on. I had an older version, with Android 2.1 on it that I did the file transfer with. I can't remember what I did, but I remember transfering a movie onto the tablet that way. But I just took it for granted that if I did that on an older version of the tablet, that I would be able to do the same on the newer tablet.

5. SpikeStrip

SpikeStrip Lurker

Dang... and I just bought a male-to-male- USB cable! :^)